Best Axe-Fx III patches for Metal (free & commercial patches)?

Hi to all AxeFX lovers, I will finally receive my new AxeFX III end of this week and wanted to ask you about your favourite Metal tones for the AxeFX III. Which are your favourite patches for this fantastic machine? Either commercial or free patches from other happy users?

Thank you in advance for your tips and experiences!

Thank you for your recommendations tlingen! Did you have the chance to compare Lasses Axe FX 3 patches with the old Axe FX 2 versions?

And the SilentUnderground patches sound also very interesting...it's a pity I missed the first free month...hopefully there will some more free patches soon.

Definitely your own ! ^^
Never found a preset sounding like i wanted to...

I know what you mean, but I found some really good external patches sometimes very useful to find your sound. But you are right, it took me also a while in the past until I found some patches from other people (either free or commercial ones) which I really liked and which helped me finding my tone

The factory patches are actually very good. The plexi 100 for 80s metal, and the c++ for more modern sound great on my rig. You may have to turn the drive block on

It's soooo easy to get a good metal sound with the AFX3 on your own man! The problem is which one sounds the best and we only have 512 presets! :)

Throw in your blocks: Input, Drive (gain=0), Amp (I like the 6160), Cab (standard 4x12 with V30's), Output; and you're good to go. Mess with the gain on the amp (5 to 7 sounds good to me), the Cab proximity and smoothing if you want and you're moshing in chunky/djenty goodness. It sounds so good.
Change scenes, add a delay/reverb for lead.

If you have any probs just ask and I'm sure anyone here will be glad to throw some presets your way, but it's good to get in and dabble so you can tweak and find a sound you can't stop playing.

In this moment I feel compelled to give a shoutout to @hwplainview who has some awesome ToneMatches on the AxeFX 2 I only stumbled across the other day. I've converted his Pantera Far Beyond Driven and others to Axe FX 3 format but waiting to hear if he wants to put them on his website for the option for people to donate for his time and effort if they wish...

After fiddeling around a bit with my new AxeFX3 the best sound I have is a self made Mark IIC+ patch unsing some Ownhammer IR's but still need to invest more time with this beast. It's nearly too much options and probably I will never be able to use all its potential

After fiddeling around a bit with my new AxeFX3 the best sound I have is a self made Mark IIC+ patch unsing some Ownhammer IR's but still need to invest more time with this beast. It's nearly too much options and probably I will never be able to use all its potential

Silent underground is doing free preset again this month so you can
Check out and then buy the pack if you dig

Leon Todd posted and Awesome
Uberblend check that

Ml sound labs just posted his
Mesa Mkv w IR and it’s super tight and percussive

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom