• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Best Audio Interface (that will not color sound) to use with AX8?

massless

Inspired
That's what I mean. If an open logic project is set to 44.1 (or you change to it) it'll prevent the 6i6 changing to 48khz if you try to. I don't use GarageBand, perhaps it's fixed at 44.1k?

boz52

Inspired
What I do is:
Connect the AX8 to the 6i6 using SPDIF
Open Focusrite Mix Control and click on device settings, set Sample Rate to 48k and clock source to SPDIF
Open Logic X and create a new project
Then File-Project Settings- Audio then change to 48K Sample Rate

It stays on 48K

massless

Inspired
Indeed. If you have an open project set to 44.1 it won't change to 48k, which was the problem I initially had until I realised I had a Logic project open. Your strategy certainly guarantees it'll work right.

brainmurder

New here
Greetings from Russia. Maybe my experience will be useful for AX8 users.

I've bought Zoom U-44 interface. It's cheap, but "powerful" for my tasks :).
To record I use 1. spdif input for sound with cab sim (inputs 3-4). 2. inputs 1-2 to record without cabsim (after I add on it IR from Poulin LeCab). So I can mix this 2 tracks.

Recommend this solution. Main thing is not to forget to assign 48 kHz in project settings.

Top Bottom