Best amp model for “Chainsaw” Tone

For me, the secret to a great chainsaw tone is in the pickups and none of 'em do it better than the Fluence Modern's active voice. EMG81 comes very, very close.
ever try dimarzio d'activators? they're the one of the best pickups for high gain stuff. lowtuned or otherwise. i like them alot more than any actives i have ever heard or tried.

I am confused what the OP means by chainsaw , but if it is that high gain powerful mess, FAS skull crusher is a great amp as well with the grind preamp boost

Last edited:
I didn’t realize the Chainsaw tone was such a thing. I’ve heard the term but just thought it was a general description. Imo the chainsaw tone I’m seeing in videos sounds less like an actual chainsaw than the Sinmix example I posted.

im just looking for nice bright high gain tone that has that chainsaw or ripping character to it. The SOLO100 does work pretty well but I’ll keep trying.

I didn’t realize the Chainsaw tone was such a thing. I’ve heard the term but just thought it was a general description. Imo the chainsaw tone I’m seeing in videos sounds less like an actual chainsaw than the Sinmix example I posted.

im just looking for nice bright high gain tone that has that chainsaw or ripping character to it. The SOLO100 does work pretty well but I’ll keep trying.
I've always thought the Soldano was the chainsaw tone.. I know what you are talking about. It is like that chord right before the solo in Jet City Woman to me. Right here at 3:37/38ish. Also, there is a chainsaw preset in my FM3 but it is based of the HM pedal I believe. I don't care for it. This is the chainsaw sound I love: If it was Wilton doing that it was a Wizard Preamp but if it was Degarmo then it was a Soldano preamp.

Any recto can get the chainsaw, even without a boost.
Just put the presence higher up that you might think with a 57 and 121 in front of an oversized Mesa cab with v30s.

That should be pretty easy to achieve using the above as a start.

James

5150 lead channel.

I think buzz saw might be the better term

I dunno, you got that SLO patch, that was pretty neat. You got that Queensryche thing that is right up my alley. (they called that 'aunch' back in the day)

Then you got that corpse-paint thing from 1990. I personally f'n HATE that sound, but don't disparage anyone in pursuit of that tone.

I love a sound that grinds as the chord sounds. Lots of pick attack.

Buzz Saw sounds cooler than chainsaw tho. I'm down.

Back
Top Bottom