Best amp block for Fender Stratocaster Acoustasonic guitar

None... Or maybe the Tube Preamp.

Acoustic amps are typically just a small full range PA in a small box.

You may want to play with some compressor, EQ, etc.

Tube Preamp, as unix-guy has noted. It ads a subtle touch and you can make use of the EQ and some advance parameters

For even more Preamp style options, use a null cab IR in the cab block and then use the Preamp simulations there to model going into various recording console types. Several different shades of subtle compression and warmth there, even tape compression.

Null cab IR's can be found on AxeChange, or you can make your own with the Tone Match block by using the same signal as both the source and reference and exporting the resulting flat tone match to a User cab slot.

You can make some cool sounds splitting the signal in two, maybe one with some grit one that's more clean.. Blend with an exp pedal? not traditional but many artistic options available (of course)

The Fender Acoustasonic outputs IRs of several acoustic guitars by itself.

Therefore it makes IMO absolutely no sense adding - another - guitar IR into the grid of the AXE III. That would in fact only double different guitar IRs in series, which may be desired (why?) but does not necessarily lead to a convincing sound.

I would consider a Tube Preamp for the acoustic sounds and a Fender Amp of your taste for the electric sounds of the a Acoustasonic. For the latter I use a Princeton, Deluxe or Vibroverb, but of course that‘s mainly a matter of your personal taste. Oh, I forgot the Bandmaster .... ☺️

Last edited:
The Fender Acoustasonic outputs IRs of several acoustic guitars by itself.

Therefore it makes IMO absolutely no sense adding - another - guitar IR into the grid of the AXE III. That would in fact only double different guitar IRs in series, which may be desired (why?) but does not necessarily lead to a convincing sound.

I would consider a Tube Preamp for the acoustic sounds and a Fender Amp of your taste for the electric sounds of the a Acoustasonic. For the latter I use a Princeton, Deluxe or Vibroverb, but of course that‘s mainly a matter of your personal taste. Oh, I forgot the Bandmaster .... ☺
Ah, I'd forgotten that! :)

Back
Top Bottom