Best alternative to an EV-2?

AZG

Experienced
I've been on the EV-2 wait list for a couple of months and was told by FA CS the other day that it will be another 1.5-2 months before they hopefully have them in stock again. I want to finish my FM3 board and I have a limited about of space. The EV-2 was about the ideal size, I might be able to squeeze an 8" inch pedal like the Dunlop Volume (X) 8 and the mini version will fit easily. Any opinions on the Dunlop's or better options? Or is it worth waiting another couple of months for the EV-2?

I have two EV-2, and two of the Dunlop (X) Mini, and the Dunlop work fine. They’re a little shorter physically but I have no trouble finding them.

Remember to use TRS patch cables with them.

Reactions: AZG
I have an (X) 8 and like it a lot. It's very smooth and works great. Its not much bigger than an EV-2.

Reactions: AZG
I have two EV-2, and two of the Dunlop (X) Mini, and the Dunlop work fine. They’re a little shorter physically but I have no trouble finding them.

Remember to use TRS patch cables with them.
Do you feel one works better or feels better than the other? Dead space on either?

I have an (X) 8 and like it a lot. It's very smooth and works great. Its not much bigger than an EV-2.
I understand the X 8 is about 1/2 inch longer which makes things a little tighter than I would like, but it might work. Not sure if it is worth getting compared to the mini X?

Do you feel one works better or feels better than the other? Dead space on either?
There's no difference from Fractal's as far as use, that I can tell. They're just a little bit smaller.

Here are two photos: The first are the Dunlop (x) Mini pedals. I used wire ties to force the GLS patch cables into somewhat of a harness to help keep the pedals next to the board and spaced apart the distance I like. They're small so a stiff cable could push them around. The second is the EV-2 next to them.

IMG_0823.png
IMG_0824.png

I can recommend the Dunlop DVP4 mini as well, I have one attached to my FM3 and works a treat, solid as a rock.

Back
Top Bottom