Best Allan Holdsworth Patches Ever!

derrylgabel

Hey guys, here's 3 Allan Holdsworth patches I created with the help of the Yamaha MagicStomp. I used all of the exact settings for the most part. I used an A/B pedal listening and making sure it was dead on as well. In edition I did a tone match of his direct sound from an audio file for the lead patch. This is the closest lead sound of his I've ever heard. I spent about 25 hours duplicating all the Holdsworth patches from the MagicStomp. If you would like the rest of the patches, 30 in all, please stop by my website, derrylgabel.com and send me an email. While you're there check out my music and instructional DVDs. Thanks!
Axe-Change - Download Preset - AH Leadv5 by Derryl Gabel
Axe-Change - Download Preset - AH Chorus1 - by derrylgabel
Axe-Change - Download Preset - AH Volume Swell4 - by derrylgabel

For the Lead tone, be sure to have the tone knob on the guitar set to 5.

Last edited:
Derryl,

It is a great privilege to have you here amongst us... You are incredible talented musician and I'm long time fun of yours. All 3 Patches sounds amazing and I'm having a lot of fun playing with them at this moment :)

Thanks for everything...

Indeed, these are absolutely amazing patches. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I also have been a fan of yours for quite some time. You are about the only person that I know that has even attempted to play like Alan and I must say, I think you are his clone. Perfect!

The lead one doesn't work for me. But the swells preset sounds great.

Thanks Derryl, for continuing to bring inspiring material. Your instructional videos, performances, transcriptions, and all other content has been top-notch, aiding my playing and knowledge in countless ways. Thanks so much!

Damn! Nice shred and those patches are spot on.

Also, really great video here!

Last edited:
The AH chorus 1 is pretty nice. It's just dual multi delays? That's what shows up here.

The lead, while having that legato-ability and sort of beam sustain, sounds really muffled or remote, like off yonder in an echo-y room. Even on my HH2. Seems not so different in your legato video, so I guess that's right, but it doesn't seem to have the 'presence' that I've heard on studio and live recordings of AH.

Last edited:
I've tried to download the patches but when I import any of them via Axe-Edit they open as a blank preset, without any blocks.
It also happens with lots of patches I download from Axe-Change.
Can anyone help me?

I've tried to download the patches but when I import any of them via Axe-Edit they open as a blank preset, without any blocks.
It also happens with lots of patches I download from Axe-Change.
Can anyone help me?

Are you sure you are running the newest Firmware? I had this problem when I was on 13.02.

Back
Top Bottom