Best Active Speaker for AX8?

Jordi_C

Hi guys,

after looking the options of a frfr for my AX8, I wanted to know some recommendations of active speakers and compare with the frfr.

I need mostly for my rehearsal place, where I play mostly metal (death, etc). What you would recommend? I've hear of the Yamaha DXR10 are a good option. some one have it?

Preferebly to buy in Europe on stores like Thomann. Budget 500€ to 700€

Pls, don't say Atomic CLR, I hear it's amazing, but is sold out.

Thanks \m/

I'm a bit biased, but I use QSC CP8's for my rig and they are plenty loud and clear for FRFR setups with the AX8. Don't be fooled by the size either. These 8" speakers will produce more low frequency than a 12" guitar speaker, all day long!

I have the Yamaha DXR10 and I really like it! I have only really used it for bedroom practicing, but I've also used it for my record player and it can get loud enough to hear it through the whole house (and then some).

I am using dxr10 too, they are really powerful ! I've been using them for rehearsals and live - nothing to complain about ! I am playing in a Rock Band and have to compete with 120W heads and 4x12 - no problem at all.

I have Yamaha dxr10 - just play at home in the living room. I am very satisfied with the sound with Ax8.

DXR10 - Tried HS8 studio monitors, CLR, Friedman ASC/ASM and QSC K10 before getting it and falling in love. May try the Xitone wedge sometime but it would take much to sway me...

Back
Top Bottom