Creative and innovative with the III? Share here

I'll kick off myself with this "kitchen sink" preset

1. Why everything crowded to the left, with two pairs of Send/Return?

This lets me edit everything on the hardware, in zoomed view, without having to scroll to the right. This is important for me, because my eyesight ain't what it used to be.

I just got my Axe-Fx III yesterday and the first thing I did was use this idea as a template. I love it. Thanks!

We have two to four instances of each effect block, 4 channels in most blocks, and 8 Global Block instances at our disposal. Which makes it possible to build an impressive inventory of effects, in the hardware itself.

As an example, the pictures below list what I've saved so far. It's an investment in time that quickly pays off when building new presets, including rebuilding ones I have in my II.
Yeks FX 1.jpg Yeks FX 2.jpg Yeks FX 3.jpg

Last edited:
I finished moving my presets from the II over to the III. Imported with FracTool, some housekeeping, investigating and tweaking if something’s not right.

My main troubleshooting tool during this project has been the Meters page. Not the one that that you access from the Home screen, but the tab page on the Layout grid.

When I have no output, I go there and immediately see where the signal stops. So handy.

I
My main troubleshooting tool during this project has been the Meters page. Not the one that that you access from the Home screen, but the tab page on the Layout grid.
+1. I’ve used that meters page so many times to get to the root of a problem in a hurry.

+1. I’ve used that meters page so many times to get to the root of a problem in a hurry.

+1 too! Practiclly saved me hours when there was no output from presets. Main reason: volume controller was expecting a pedal....
:)

Wow, this is cool stuff right here. Thanks for sharing Yek.

I haven't got my AxeIII yet, still awaiting delivery but this is wetting my appetite so keep the ideas coming please.

+1 too! Practiclly saved me hours when there was no output from presets. Main reason: volume controller was expecting a pedal....
:)

You should go into the settings and make the controller number for Volume at 100% (I use a CC for input volume to act as my volume pedal before the amp, so if I don't have my midi controller connected, I need that to be at 100%), if you use a volume block in the Axe, save your presets with the volume at 100%,

Quick tips:
  1. When importing presets, one of the first things I do: click on Controllers > Modifiers. This lists all modifiers in use in the preset. In fact I do this so often that I wished I could use a shortcut button.

2. (Undocumented) "Grid Navigation Mode" in Axe-Edit for the II is also available in Axe-Edit III. Press Shift+Control+G (Mac: Shift-Command-G) and an outline will appear surrounding the grid. You can now move blocks very quickly (AE will not poll the hardware and will not display the contents). Press Exit to leave "Grid Navigation Mode".

I'll kick off myself with this "kitchen sink" preset.

View attachment 47453

Thanks yek

Excellent info !!!!!!!!!!!

1. Why everything crowded to the left, with two pairs of Send/Return?

This lets me edit everything on the hardware, in zoomed view, without having to scroll to the right. This is important for me, because my eyesight ain't what it used to be.

2. Why the "disconnected" Out 3 / In 3 blocks?

This is how I insert an outboard EHX C9 pedal (100% wet) in the signal chain. The blocks do not have to be connected to each other.

3. Why the four vertical blocks followed by the M-Plex (MUX)?

The 1st block (Volume) enables automatic volume swells (no pedal) when engaged. Blocks 2, 3 and 4 (Wah, Whammy, Volume) are being controlled with my single expression pedal. Through the four channels of the MUX block I can select which of the four effects is active.

Why not use two channels in a single Volume block (instead of two Volume blocks) to allow automatic swells as well as Volume pedal control? That's because a single parameter in a block can be controlled by one controller only, regardless of channels. So I can't assign Envelope as well as an External Controller (pedal) to the same Volume parameter in the Volume block.

4. Why Out 2 after the Cab block, and not Out 1?

Output 1 on the Axe-Fx III also has 1/4" jacks, while Output 2 doesn't. Using Output 1 enables easy connecting to my power amplifier's 1/4" input. I use Output 2 XLRs for FOH and FRFR.

5. How much CPU does this preset use?

71%.

Back
Top Bottom