Behringer Fcb1010 with uno wah question..

milleniumking

Inspired
Hi all, has anyone figured out how to have the axe fx ii wahwah function turn on without assigning it a stomp control button on the expression pedal

Right now in order for me to engage the wah, I have to hit one of my assigned stomp control buttons twice then my wah is active. I was hoping for it to work like a traditional wah pedal. Ex.. toe down and press.

Any help is appreciated

Hi all, has anyone figured out how to have the axe fx ii wahwah function turn on without assigning it a stomp control button on the expression pedal

Right now in order for me to engage the wah, I have to hit one of my assigned stomp control buttons twice then my wah is active. I was hoping for it to work like a traditional wah pedal. Ex.. toe down and press.

Any help is appreciated
It's called auto engage... Pretty much everyone has figured it out :)

It has nothing to do with the FCB.

In the modifier settings on your Wah block (Control parameter), select one of the auto engage types.

It has no way to know about a "press" without a switch, but it can auto engage at toe down. The default is to come on when the pedal moves past 5%.

I don't remember the settings to make it activate at toe down because I use a spring loaded pedal.

Someone will offer that up, though.

Yep. Make sure the pedal's CC is assigned to an External Controller (I assume you want to use the Right exp pedal; mine is set to External 2).

Add the wah block, go into modifiers for the "Control." Source is External 2 (or whatever your pedal is set to) and turn "Auto Engage" on. Then you can set the "off value." Just gotta play around with it for a bit until it feels right. Good luck!

It's pretty simple.

• Assign the FCB to send a specific CC for the pedal (sounds like you've got 17 assigned)
  • On the Axe Fx, set that CC number to control the External Controller of your choice
  • In your preset, assign the same External Controller to the Control parameter - make a sure you also pick one of the auto engage options

Done.

Make you're you don't have a modifier assigned to the Bypass.

So i tried that and it didnt work. Basically everything you mentioned is what I have already set. I think its an issue with one of my settings in ripwerx. I will play around with it and come back you.

So i tried that and it didnt work. Basically everything you mentioned is what I have already set. I think its an issue with one of my settings in ripwerx. I will play around with it and come back you.
You keep saying "doesn't work"... You might want to elaborate on that.

If you open the modifier window and move the pedal, does the "ball" move on the graph?

You keep saying "doesn't work"... You might want to elaborate on that.

If you open the modifier window and move the pedal, does the "ball" move on the graph?

I say doesnt work because the suggestions you give me, well, dont work when I try it. What I believe the problem is, is that the fcb1010 with uno chip needs a “stop box” button to be assigned to it in order for the expression pedal to work. The auto engage function will work but not without the expression pedal “turned” on in the fcb midi software.

When I look at the midi messages window to see what is being parsed with button presses it shows that the expression pedal does nothing until I push another button (stomp box button #6 in my case). I am trying to avoid that step of “enabling” the pedal and making it act like a traditional wah pedal of toe down, then its on. Etc...

So currently I am able to use the expression pedal but I have to hit a different button first. Sorry, this is the best I can explain it.

I say doesnt work because the suggestions you give me, well, dont work when I try it. What I believe the problem is, is that the fcb1010 with uno chip needs a “stop box” button to be assigned to it in order for the expression pedal to work. The auto engage function will work but not without the expression pedal “turned” on in the fcb midi software.

When I look at the midi messages window to see what is being parsed with button presses it shows that the expression pedal does nothing until I push another button (stomp box button #6 in my case). I am trying to avoid that step of “enabling” the pedal and making it act like a traditional wah pedal of toe down, then its on. Etc...

So currently I am able to use the expression pedal but I have to hit a different button first. Sorry, this is the best I can explain it.
It doesn't... I used the FCB with Uno for about 6 months with both Wah and Whammy auto engaged.

Back
Top Bottom