Behringer FCB1010 - setup question - (somewhat advanced)

Tplesko

Inspired
Hi all, I - like many others - am waiting (and losing patience) for the FC6/12 controllers so I am using my old FCB1010 unit with the AxeIII. I have the Uno chip in it using stompbox mode for 6-10 and scenes for 1-5, which is perfect for me as I never use more than 5 scenes in a patch. I have 6-10 programmed as Chorus, Delay, Drive, Wildcard (a cool feature I learned from Dweezil Zappa I believe using the AxeII) and tuner. Up and down are for changing presets, and both pedal work fine - really everything I conceivably need to gig well except 1 important thing that I cannot figure out:

In this setup I can only have access to 19 presets and then it reverts back to the first preset.

Is that a limitation of the UNO chip and my config or can I expand it??? Any help tremendously appreciated! The issue is that I play in 2 cover bands plus an acoustic act and we do a lot of pop and I need more than 18 presets. I know it sounds like a lot....

I can email both a Word doc of my midi config and the actual file is anyone can use it - it truly works great for me except the 18 preset limitation. This forum will not allow me to upload a Word doc or the config file for some reason. Does anyone know if I can expend that to something > 18?

You actually have access to 19 BANKS of presets. Since the Uno chip STOMPBOX mode keeps one row static, you have 19*5=95 presets to work with. I don't think expansion is easily possible with the stock or Uno-enhanced FCB.

I would also recommend using an Editor/Librarian so you can quickly load patch setups for different bands. I use Ripwerx which is free but getting tough to find these days....

Back
Top Bottom