Behringer FCB1010 Mod: LCD to show tuner and patchnames

BOM = Bill of Materials. A list of all parts needed to assemble the product.

I'm very curious how it's coming along. Do keep us posted!

Thanks! The draft version of the parts list is on the github.

I'm still struggling to create a stable AC to DC current transformation. The setup I have now works great on USB power, but the 10v AC power conversion makes the LCD flicker and the analog inputs from the ExpPedals very unstable. Without a oscilloscope I find it's pretty hard to fix this at the moment :p Can anyone help me out with that? The FCB1010's transformer gives 10v AC at 50hz. What capacitors would I need to even out the ripple in the current after the bridge rectifier before I deliver the current to the 7805 power converter? I've tried very small and very large capacitors (1000uF and 0.33uF) in various setups, but I'm not quite sure how the power converter reacts, so my maths seem to only make things worse. I'm almost at the point where I just replace the AC transformer with a off the shelve DC 5v converter ;)

Other than that the unit works great. I'm currently working on the code for reading and setting parameters for the various effect blocks. I need this to properly control the Looper block. Of course this can be used to read and control any parameter on any effect block later on, should I want to.

Once that's done I'll post a movie on youtube so you guys can see it in action.

Thanks! The draft version of the parts list is on the github.

I'm still struggling to create a stable AC to DC current transformation. The setup I have now works great on USB power, but the 10v AC power conversion makes the LCD flicker and the analog inputs from the ExpPedals very unstable. Without a oscilloscope I find it's pretty hard to fix this at the moment :p Can anyone help me out with that? The FCB1010's transformer gives 10v AC at 50hz. What capacitors would I need to even out the ripple in the current after the bridge rectifier before I deliver the current to the 7805 power converter? I've tried very small and very large capacitors (1000uF and 0.33uF) in various setups, but I'm not quite sure how the power converter reacts, so my maths seem to only make things worse. I'm almost at the point where I just replace the AC transformer with a off the shelve DC 5v converter ;)

Other than that the unit works great. I'm currently working on the code for reading and setting parameters for the various effect blocks. I need this to properly control the Looper block. Of course this can be used to read and control any parameter on any effect block later on, should I want to.

Once that's done I'll post a movie on youtube so you guys can see it in action.

That should be pretty straight forward and that should've worked. You can use 10-100 uF on the input and output. Also put a .1uF near the input and output. If you have a schematic feel free to post it and I'll have a look.

That should be pretty straight forward and that should've worked. You can use 10-100 uF on the input and output. Also put a .1uF near the input and output. If you have a schematic feel free to post it and I'll have a look.

Thanks, I'll fiddle some more with it tonight or this weekend.

Oof, two bumps already. :( Very sorry folks, I have been abroad for a couple of weeks. So not much progress on the FCBInfinity at the moment, other than the fact that it just works. I still need to fix the power stability, better indication of the various Looper states and general cleanup of the source code. But besides that I have just been enjoying the AxeFx and the FCBInfinity's flexibility. Just loop in a couple of chords and improvise away. AxeFx + FCBInfinity == <3, haha.

I plan on making a video somewhere this or next week now I have a HD webcam so I can show the various functions in action.

hello!
first: congratiations for the awesome mod!!!! look great and is very useful and necessary!!!!
second: i know this is a forum all about fractal,
the axe is a very impressive unit, one of my favorite guitarists use the processor: chris Broderik! MEGADETH
third: the problem is I can not buy one of these, so sad :(....
I'm putting together my rack equipment in a case and select the FCB1010 midi foot controller, is a very good unit, I'm doing some mods, and this is a very good mod and I want to apply to my fcb, so the question is:
the screen mod work with a digitech gsp 1101?,
If yes, (oh plase work with gsp:D)
I will control 3 devices with the same unit,
how resopons the screen to other gear?
I apologize to you, because I have not much information about custom fcb + GSP1101
help me please

Any Updates? looks very cool!
Not likely. The OP seems to have fallen off the planet. He sent me a circuit board and as I was gathering all the needed parts for the build he stopped responding to all efforts to contact him. I've since tossed the project aside somewhere in my garage.

Any Updates? looks very cool!
Hey! yep, i've been working on the pedal every so now and then. But for the most part i have just been gigging and enjoying it ;) Just waiting for v10 firmware before modifying more. v9 scene's are supported now and work wonderfully.

Not likely. The OP seems to have fallen off the planet. He sent me a circuit board and as I was gathering all the needed parts for the build he stopped responding to all efforts to contact him. I've since tossed the project aside somewhere in my garage.
Oof, sorry man. Sorry I made you feel like I have abandoned you. Things have been hectic around here and left me with very little time for my little techie hobbies next to my other past time projects and work. If you still want to mod it and need help with anything I'll make sure to respond more promptly from now on.

Maybe he was hired by Behringer and sent to China...
Or maybe not... however, I have been getting quite a few requests from people if i'd be able to mod their FCB1010's for them. I might just lay low in China for a bit, so I can focus on actually playing the guitar again. My playing is getting sloppy :p

Kidding aside. When v10 is released, i'll make sure FCBInfinity has support for it and post some new pics. When I get my new computer i'll be able to record some vids as well.

I imagine a guy *could* make a few bucks if he was willing to build and sell these things....I know there is a market...

Good to hear. Everything's open source, so if someone wants to start a modding service for the FCBInfinity they have my blessing. I personally dont have time to do this full- / part time for other folks. Furthermore, allthough there might be a market for it, the current market is already saturated with good quality pedalboards. FCBInfinity just has more programming versatility than other products and you can get it cheap if you mod it yourself.

Mackatack,

Looking at the schematic I would suggest a few things that may help with the power issue (assuming they aren't already in place).

At the MAX7219 IC add a 10uF electrolytic capacitor between the V+ and GND pins.
At the MAX7219 IC add a 0.1uF ceramic capacitor between V+ and GND pins.
These capacitors should be located very close to the IC.

I might also add a 10uF electrolytic capacitor between the +5V and GND pins of the PCB where the Teensy++2 plugs in.

Note: I just took a look at the MAX7219 datasheet and the "Application Information" section on page 10 agrees with what I said above.

Back
Top Bottom