Behringer FCB 1010/UnO, issues programming

lpaul626

Inspired
I picked up an FCB 1010 with an Uno chip, which I've installed. I installed Ripwerks and attempted to follow the instructions on the site for programming "using software" (stomp box mode 6-10 and pcs 1-5, 6-10, etc). I received a confirmation message stating that the patch dump was successful. I was able to scroll presets 1-5. However, when I advanced to bank 1 and press 1, I jumped to preset 10. Similarly, when I press #6, I'm brought to preset 96.

I requested a patch dump and noticed that the settings were not consistent with my newly programmed settings. They were consistent with what I've described above. I repeated the process with no luck.

Any thoughts?

Re: Picked up Behringer FCB 1010, installed UnO...now what?

you should use the ripwerx (or other software) to program the right PC-numbers. you could do this manually but with the software it's a lot easier.

http://voes.be/fcb1010/software.htm

Try a different MIDI interface? I have had my EMU 1x1 interface botch the programming of my FCB-1010. When I downloaded the patch dump, it was NOT what I had sent to the hardware. I also noticed that I have to turn down the buffer size when I use this interface with Axe Edit, so I think it has issues.

I tried a different MIDI interface and had better results.

Did you check all the advanced settings in Ripwerx? I don't remember what they all are, but there are several other options on the page where you select stompbox mode.

lpaul626 said:
I picked up an FCB 1010 with an Uno chip, which I've installed. I installed Ripwerks and attempted to follow the instructions on the site for programming "using software" (stomp box mode 6-10 and pcs 1-5, 6-10, etc). I received a confirmation message stating that the patch dump was successful. I was able to scroll presets 1-5. However, when I advanced to bank 1 and press 1, I jumped to preset 10. Similarly, when I press #6, I'm brought to preset 96.

I requested a patch dump and noticed that the settings were not consistent with my newly programmed settings. They were consistent with what I've described above. I repeated the process with no luck.

Any thoughts?

Have you initialized the FCB for use with UnO as well as initializing Stomp-Box Mode as described in the UnO manual?

http://homepage.mac.com/josephgoldstein/FCB1010 UnO.pdf

You may also have to use the Global SetUp interface to set Sysex Rcv to on in order for patch dumps to/from the FCB to work.
See Pg. 6 and Pages 12 & 16.

lpaul626 said:

Any thoughts?

In Stomp Box Mode, with switches 6 thru 10 assigned as the stomps, the default Preset per Bank PC assignments for switches 1 thru 5 are:

Bank 1: PC1 PC2 PC3 PC4 PC5
Bank 2: PC11 PC12 PC13 PC14 PC15
Bank 3: PC21 PC22 PC23 PC24 PC25
Etc.

If you want different PC numbers than those to be sent you will have to program them in manually, using Ripwerx for example.

Check what JoeGold says. I had a similar issue and once I enabled the Sysex Rcv set to enable it all worked fine. The same message that the sysex was sent, even though it didn't truly load.

I just wanted to say thanks to everybody. I'm not the original poster here, but I was having the same problems. I finally got it all working thanks to everyone's help. I had to enabled the Sysex Rcv manually on the FCB. Couldn't do it in Ripwerx.

OldNo.7 said:
I just wanted to say thanks to everybody. I'm not the original poster here, but I was having the same problems. I finally got it all working thanks to everyone's help. I had to enabled the Sysex Rcv manually on the FCB. Couldn't do it in Ripwerx.

IMHO and AFAIK setting sysex rcv to ON would not be possible in ripwerx, since it needs sysex to communicate with the FCB1010. You always need to set it manually on the fcb1010 as I told on my manual http://voes.be/fcb1010/pdf/fcb1010 making uno ready for use.pdf

OldNo.7 said:

On a recent gig I re-calibrated my FCB/UnO's Exp Pedals using a routine suggested in the original FCB manual.
Doing so ended up resetting a bunch of stuff that I wasn't expecting. [Note: Patrick has since informed me of a non-volatile way to calibrate the Exp Pedals.]
I had to re-initialize Stomp-Box Mode and re-jigger some of my FCB Presets manually.
This was an out-of-town gig and I had no access to a computer or Ripwerx. I almost freaked.

When I got home and looked at the FCB's contents via a dump into Ripwerx, I noticed all sorts of other weird things that had happened.
When I tried to ul an old sysex file to the FCB, although it appeared to go through, the FCB didn't accept it.
That's when I started reading through the manuals and saw the Sysex Enable routine, which I did, and then everything was back to normal.

As convenient and useful and free and wonderful as the UnO system is, and as thankful as I am for it, using it is also fraught with lots of head scratching and potential for panic.

Back
Top Bottom