Before updating your MFC-101 to Firmware 3.07 ... do this ...

bwanagary

Administrator
  • Take a sysex dump from your MFC-101
  • Load it into MFC-Edit
  • Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Convert IA Switches to FW 3.07"
  • Upgrade the MFC-101 Firmware to 3.07
  • Transmit the edited sysex dump back to the MFC-101 (you can do this right from within MFC-Edit, also off the Tools menu)
  • All your IA Switches will be correct

Its not difficult to reset your IA Switches but if you already have the MFC-Edit program you can spare yourself the aggravation.

Last edited:
Don't know what I did wrong, but it didn't work completely. I was able to convert the file, but all of my IA's were jacked up so I went ahead and edited them and saved to a new file. I loaded that file and looking in the menus on the MFC they were correct, but they weren't operating correctly. For example IA06 is my compressor and in the MFC it said compressor, but with a patch with a compressor it was not lit and it actually was mapped to VOL INC when I pushed it.

Now the quick fix was to go to each IA in the MFC and change what they were listed as to something else and then back again. After doing this for all 17 IA switches everything appears to be fine.

The only thing that I could think that I may have missed was some kind of sysex load; not the loading where it goes from PC to MFC, but like a reset or some kind beyond a cycling power.

Don't know what I did wrong, but it didn't work completely. I was able to convert the file, but all of my IA's were jacked up so I went ahead and edited them and saved to a new file. I loaded that file and looking in the menus on the MFC they were correct, but they weren't operating correctly. For example IA06 is my compressor and in the MFC it said compressor, but with a patch with a compressor it was not lit and it actually was mapped to VOL INC when I pushed it.

Now the quick fix was to go to each IA in the MFC and change what they were listed as to something else and then back again. After doing this for all 17 IA switches everything appears to be fine.

The only thing that I could think that I may have missed was some kind of sysex load; not the loading where it goes from PC to MFC, but like a reset or some kind beyond a cycling power.
????!!? Yikes! I'll look into this as soon as I can - there's always the possibility that there's a bug I didn't catch. Thanks for the great debug info. I'll post back here later in the week.
-G

Was this fixed in the latest release? I am not experiencing problems since I did it manually and I don't plan on messing with it right now, but I did notice that there was a new version available.

Hi Shasha. I haven't been able to replicate the behavior and I tried for over an hour with different combinations.
There have been a few builds since then - mostly cosmetic stuff and a little bit better error reporting.
Also, there was a bug in the MAC installer that's fixed. The new build I pushed to the server today really only fixes the infinite loop installing Java on the Mac. Everything else is the same. The other stuff is "mice nuts".
-G

Back
Top Bottom