Been away for a while.....global preset implemented yet on the FC's?

What is “global preset on the fcs?”
The MFC101 had a global preset in that whenever you hit a preset, that was active, a second time, that would instantly take you to global preset. I used this for my main lead sound. Wherever I am at, I can just hit button activated, a second time, and it takes you there. Why this is such a struggle for them to implement, is beyond me. I used this function ALL THE TIME.

I never used this feature on my MFC when I had it so I'm not 100% positive of it's functionality. I have a 'goto' or 'home' preset (000) on my III. When I hold the top right button down on the FC12. on every preset, it will take me to that home preset 000. Could you make something like that work?

I never used this feature on my MFC when I had it so I'm not 100% positive of it's functionality. I have a 'goto' or 'home' preset (000) on my III. When I hold the top right button down on the FC12. on every preset, it will take me to that home preset 000. Could you make something like that work?

When you tap it again the Global Preset would take you back to the preset you were first on. Going to a fixed preset won't do that.

Danny W.

This may work, but I do not like long holds for live use. I like a quick hit and I'm there.

Yes, GLOBAL PRESET is a HUGE feature i miss. As i have been using the MFC with the AXEFX3 via a midi/power cable, when using the GLOBAL PRESET function, it works a little different (i think) (it may be they way i have it set on the MFC).

So, how it works:
If i am in my bank of 5 and on patch 4 (patch #094, for example), if i hit it again, it goes to my GLOBAL PRESET (a solo patch positioned at #008). Now, i can hit that button again (bank of 5, patch 4) and it returns to #094. But, ALSO, if i hit any other button (in the bank of 5) it will go to the desired patch number. (ex: i can hit patch 5 and it will go to #095. In other words, it returns to any patch in my desired BANK of 5.
I have tried to replicate this on the FC12 with a HOLD but it will always take you to 'IT'S' bank of 5 (ex: #006 to #010....not #091 to #095).
Very frustrating and i'm already struggling with the limit of 12 only buttons. I agree, having to HOLD or select a new LAYOUT isn't a very 'stream of consciousness' way to work.
Yes, i get it if you are in a band that does the same thing every night and you can set things the way you need then for the show. But, if you are an improviser and like to edit PATCHES and FX on the fly, i'm not sure the FC's are going to be the answer.

I know i have to change my whole thinking on the FC, and i'm up for the challenge. Hell, thats the beauty of the AXEFX, but I'm not sure i can achieve what i need with the FC12. (i remember the 1st AXFX i had where i would wake up thinking of ways to set up patches etc.....I'm going through the same thing again now. This is very cool and inspiring)
I want buttons. Lots of them. I also have a real-estate problem so adding another FC is not the answer. When you are doing local gigs with lots of different bands, you need to keep things practical.
Yes, the EXTERNAL SWITCHES and PEDALS help, but coming from 17 buttons (and i have an extension box with 4 more buttons with the MFC) to 12, well, i'm struggling.

I have tried setting up a bank of 5 PRESETS buttons (with HOLDS assigned to the next BANK up. EX: 1/6 - 2/7 - 3/8 - 4/9, 5/10) with 5 FX buttons (with HOLDS assigned to another FX. EX: DIST1/DIST2 - FLAGER/PHASER etc)
But this is cumbersome. having to hold to turn on or off 1 FX and then go back to turn on or off the other, is just way too much. Not to mention having to remember what FX is on or off in that patch with no light for the HOLD FX.

I hope i am making myself clear. It's a work flow thing. I get that the options on the FC's are extensive, ....but, it seems that only mine is not there....ha!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The FC has 2 preset toggle functions: “By Number” and “In Bank”. The thing is, to do what you want probably requires a hybrid of the two where the first button press could be “Toggle in Bank” and the second press could be “Toggle by number”. Put a wish list item in for this. Maybe you will get it.

Back
Top Bottom