Beedrom vs Live settings examples

Chiguete

Experienced
So there has allways been talk about how to set the amp ad home and when playing in a loud band but almost never showing the actual settings... so this time I want you guys to write or show the same patch with the settings used at home and the settings used live.

Boost lows and highs for low volume cut them for louder volume. Use a 10 band GEQ block or even a Global EQ block.

Remember the "Loudness" button on home and car stereos? That would boost the lows and highs, and was supposed to be used when you had the stereo turned down. It's the same thing here.

Are you boosting just BMT for low volume playing or are you adjusting some advanced parameters also. This will be a big help to me due to very limited knowelge in this area. Thanks for the help in advance. Samples will help me.

Yeha I totally get what you guys are saying and even tho I knew this before since I haven't been in a gig since I bought the AX8 I haven't experience it in first hand untill last week and yesterday that I confirmed it, but I would like just for people to post what their settings are in bedroom and live just to put numbers in the comments that are allways made... It's just for referance and I think it will be interesting to compare if people generally do the same (not just to copy their exact settings).

Are you boosting just BMT for low volume playing or are you adjusting some advanced parameters also. This will be a big help to me due to very limited knowelge in this area. Thanks for the help in advance. Samples will help me.

Personally I just make my presets for the intended spl level, then play them soft.

But... if you are going the EQ route, most (if not all in the Fractal?) guitar tone stack controls interact with each other. This could make it harder to achieve a "loudness" eq compensation.

IMO, using a graphic eq somewhere after the cab block is the easiest and most effective. Start with the 5-band passive mode, a great sounding EQ, with a "frown" shape for low volume playing.

There are two approaches to the "frown": 1. leave the low and high slider at 0 and cut the other three sliders, or boost, low, low mid, high mid and high. Conventional wisdom says cut is preferred over boost with analog EQ's, but in my experience the 5-band passive sounds great with boosts... really nice sounding EQ algo.

Not sure if this helps or not, but I usually select some presets from the people on here @2112 @bishop5150 @Moke and make slight tweaks as required--sometimes not at all. Currently gigging with Moke's Clean To Mean JVM 2 model. Sounds great live, at practice, and at the house. All presets seem to work at bedroom level and gig level. No adjustment needed.

Back
Top Bottom