Bed bugs in AXE FX-II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crandles

Anyone ever had this issue? I'm starting to suspect some might be hiding inside mine. If anyone has any recommendations on how to remedy the situation I'm all ears...

Uh weird. So bed bugs can be killed with heat. You need constant exposure for 90 minutes to 113ºF temperatures. This is within the operating temperature limits of the unit.

Good luck. I was bitten by those little f!@#$%s on a business trip once and the bites hurt like hell.

Yeah that's supposed to be one of the most effective ways to get rid of them. Apparently the little bastards are pretty resistant to a lot of pesticides. There's a company here in Austin that does the heat treatment. They seal off the house and bring in fans and big space heaters to uniformly heat the whole house up for a few hours. Kills them all and their eggs too with no chemicals. It's pretty clever. Heard a radio interview with a guy from that company and he said that he's been in hundreds of infested homes and has never had them in his own house because he puts his work clothes in the drier on high for like half an hour as soon as he gets home. He said that most people bring them home from travel in their luggage and that you should never store your luggage in your bedroom. He said to put your bags in the garage or better yet the attic where it gets hot enough to kill them. He also said that they can't move around on really smooth surfaces very well and that the bathtub or shower of the hotel room is the safest place to keep your bags.

Last edited:
What makes you suspect they are in there?
I have never seen the inside of my AFX but i don't suspect there's bed bugs in there.
The only thing i have ever suspected might be inside my AFX is an unusually versatile tube amplifier.

Your Axe-FX has been sleeping around.

Put it in a rack case and lock your windows from the outside - that should hamper it from sneaking out late at night.

I was using my Macbook Pro for video encoding; as it was getting hot more than a few tiny little spiders ran out from under the keyboard. When I had the chance I opened it up to clean it and sure enough there was an egg sac in there.

So anything's possible.

Last edited:
I decided he wasn't serious ....... I think he might be really Stephen King and had a few too many beers.

There's only one possible reason I can think of why your Axe-FX would get bed bugs and it's just too perverse to go into detail on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom