Beato and Plini

That’s very interesting. Couldn’t install his own Neural plugin for this? Hmm. And he’s super familiar with it.

"... I never got into practicing or getting good at shred so my way of making things interesting can't come from technical ability... " :coldsweat:

Cool video.

I think Plini has had a fair bit of time with The Master (aka, Matt) and had absorbed a lot from him.

OK, I'll admit I'd never listened to any of Plini's music until I went YouTubing after watching this video. A lot of modern progressive stuff doesn't appeal to me musically, since it seems to be more of a vehicle for shredding than for interesting melodies. But Plini's stuff is different to my ears. He seems more interested in creating a pleasant song than showing off his speed and technical chops. I like it.

OK, I'll admit I'd never listened to any of Plini's music until I went YouTubing after watching this video. A lot of modern progressive stuff doesn't appeal to me musically, since it seems to be more of a vehicle for shredding than for interesting melodies. But Plini's stuff is different to my ears. He seems more interested in creating a pleasant song than showing off his speed and technical chops. I like it.
He spoke at Vai Academy about how he writes. A big part of his approach is to start with something simple and then trying to make it "more interesting".

Like taking a simple single note line of 3-4 notes and then building chords around them.

His personality is very much like you see in that video - very mellow with a quick wit and very dry sense of humor.

That’s very interesting. Couldn’t install his own Neural plugin for this? Hmm. And he’s super familiar with it.

I’m guessing he uses his Axe-FX exclusively for live and recording but his bread and butter is his Neural plugin. 😉

That makes total sense given they already use laptops for click and backing tracks.
And cartage fees. Remember that they travel from Australia which is "remote" to just about everywhere, and shipping gear is expensive.

However, I think since his whole band seems to be running through a single Axe Fx III they might stick with that.

He mentioned that the plugin was not yet stable enough to tour with (this was back in September).

Saw Plini in Silver Spring this past Friday and I didn't know how much I needed to see Electric Sunrise played live until I saw it... Good god it was GLORIOUS! He also filled in on Periphery's Reptile solo for Mark Holcomb.

I’m guessing he uses his Axe-FX exclusively for live and recording but his bread and butter is his Neural plugin. 😉
I think he likes to use his Neural plugin to line his
In his new video, Plan creates a patch from scratch on Beato's Axe III. (about the 19 minute mark) I don't think Rick has spent much time with the unit but the end tone is cool. And Matt even gets a shout out.

Can someone please point me to this fabled Matt?

Back
Top Bottom