Beatles presets - Vox AC30 / AC50 tones

I have been tweaking my presets and using a 2-scene approach. I'll upload the new and improved AC30 preset when I get to my other computer. Scene 1 is assigned to footswitch 1 and scene 2 is assigned to footswitch 5. It is easy to toggle back and forth between them. Scene 2 is an AC30 in the Y state and is eq'd the same as scene 1 but with more drive for leads. I have been re-tooling all of my presets using the 2-scene approach. Also, all of my presets include a filter block set to null in the bypassed state. I have a 3db boost on the null filter so when I engage it, I get a nice clean bump in volume without changing the tone. In all my presets I assign the filter block to footswitch 4 so I always know where it is.

As far as doing Beatles covers, the AC30 is the perfect amp. I use my guitar volume and tone knobs all the time when playing live. Using your guitar volume, you can clean up the guitar or use the volume knob to drive it harder. The AC30 responds so well. Love that amp. Guitar volume backed off (try around 5) is perfect for early Beatles, through Rubber Soul era Beatles. (You will need a treble boost for covering Nowhere Man) Drive the volume harder for Revolver era stuff and Sgt. Pepper era stuff. Crank it for White Album era stuff.

I'll post the re-tweaked AC30 preset in a few minutes.
awesome.. ill lookd for the preset. i have been using volume pedal as opposed to volume knob. i have the EV-1 dialed in. Ill play around with both.

awesome.. ill lookd for the preset. i have been using volume pedal as opposed to volume knob. i have the EV-1 dialed in. Ill play around with both.
You can use the volume pedal to change the input signal to the AX8 but that is not the same thing as using the volume knob on your guitar. Using the volume knob on your guitar changes the mount of gain on the pickup so it can dramatically change how the guitar sounds.

As promised, here is my retooled AC30tb preset. It uses a non-factory cab so I included that as well.
It sounds great. I really appreciate it. I am not getting anything very clean out of it though. On scene 1... and still getting some gain it sounds like. Ill keep noodling, but very impressive. thanks again.

It sounds great. I really appreciate it. I am not getting anything very clean out of it though. On scene 1... and still getting some gain it sounds like. Ill keep noodling, but very impressive. thanks again.
It cleans up when you back the guitar gain down.

I don't think Boston-Mike posted his presets here, but perhaps he did at the Axechange. I posted my AC30tb at post #20 here.

I don't think Boston-Mike posted his presets here, but perhaps he did at the Axechange. I posted my AC30tb at post #20 here.

Hi there, I'm running my AX8 into a Fender Excelsior amp with cab modeling and power amp sims on. The wee Excelsior is a13 watt open backed 15" in a very slim wooden frame, you could hardly call it an enclosure. It has a volume knob and an EQ switch for bright and dark and a tube tremolo off/on/rate. No, channel switching etc. So it is more or less a straight enough path to the power-amp. I intend adding a switch to it to bypass the EQ switch.
I upgraded the speaker with an Eminence legend 15 and JJ 12AX7's and 6V6's. it is a very clean amp with plenty of headroom.

I tweaked your patch using a Fret-King Geoff Whitehorn guitar with coil splittable humbucker in the bridge, single coil in middle and P90 in neck, it's a strat style. I can put all 3 picks going together too. I tweaked your preset in the amp and cab block, changed the reverb to London Plate, took the two drive blocks away and added tube screamer, a slapback country delay on x state and mono digital repeating delay on y state.
I added a scene controller to the amp gain or drive knob so have kinda, country cleanish breakup, crunch and more heavy sound across scenes and of course can kick in the T808.

It is sounding very good at gig levels for country , 'I saw her standing there' and 'Twist and shout' and ' La Bamba' type sounds. Your original preset was great but with this guitar and setup I decided to try tweak it.
I'm not finished the preset yet but will try to figure out how to put it up here for you to have a listen to it. I have a gig Saturday night and intend trying it for the entire set using the scenes. I also sing so today I'm going to set it up so for solos all I have to do is floor an expresssion pedal. I find it easier for me to do this rather than having to look down and be sure to press correct switch, I tend to keep my foot on the expression like a car accelerator lol and floor it when I need it without having to look down.

So, I'll finish it and gig it Saturday night and if all sounds good at gig I'll put it up here and you can see what I have done to your creation lol, you will either love it or hate it ha!

Try these. Vox amps Beatles tones

Attachments

• 180309-163044-preset-bank-1.syx
    101.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 180309-163044-preset-bank-2.syx
    101.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 180309-163044-preset-bank-3.syx
    101.2 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom