• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Beatles presets - Vox AC30 / AC50 tones

Boston-Mike

New here
Hello everyone, I am fairly new to this FRFR digital world and just picked up the AX8.
Waiting on my Xitone 12" light weight active wedge to arrive :) Hopefully I made the correct choices.

Could use some help to get me going:
I am looking for some Beatle pre-sets to use with my Gretsch guitar.

Is anyone here into the Beatles? Have anything you can share?

Please let me know and Thank you !!

Mike

Boston-Mike

New here
Thank you ! I will give them a try.
Still learning how to navigate my around the unit.
Should I use Fract-bot or Axe Edit to load them?

maxdown

Fractal Fanatic
Your Ax8-Edit should be good for importing both preset and cab.

Import the preset syx to your chosen slot first - save. Then still within Aax8-Edit, switch to Cab Manager and import the cab syx to a User Cab slot and save.

Once both preset and cab are in place just edit the Cab block in the preset to ensure that the cab slot matches the new cab in your user cab slots

aens

Inspired
070 — 4x12 BEATLE GB — Vox Beatle 4x12 with greenbacks, UltraRes (Cab Pack 6).

This cab isn't called Beatle by accident ;)

Boston-Mike

New here
Thank you guys, I have been working crazy hours but, I plan on trying these all out this weekend.
Thanks again !
Mike

Boston-Mike

New here
Hi Mike. Welcome to the Forum. You can try this preset.

You will also need to load in the cab. I attached the cab file as well. There are also factory cabs that work well with an AC30TB.
Thank you, I loaded them up and was able to get a great tone with the Gretsch !
I thought it was going to be easier to get Rickenbacker 12 string to sound good, I was wrong.
The Rick doesn't agree with that amp for some reason.

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
Thank you, I loaded them up and was able to get a great tone with the Gretsch !
I thought it was going to be easier to get Rickenbacker 12 string to sound good, I was wrong.
The Rick doesn't agree with that amp for some reason.
Glad you liked the preset Mike. Try the JC120 with the Rick. The AC30 would have too much drive for a good clean jangly sound. The JC120 is one of the cleanest amps in the fractal.

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
Couldn't really hear much of the guitars Mike, but you already know that. Looks like the guys were having a blast playing those songs. Looks like a fun band. Glad you can enjoy music with your dad. Enjoy those moments Mike. You will have good memories when he is gone.

Boston-Mike

New here
Couldn't really hear much of the guitars Mike, but you already know that. Looks like the guys were having a blast playing those songs. Looks like a fun band. Glad you can enjoy music with your dad. Enjoy those moments Mike. You will have good memories when he is gone.
Thank you, it is nice to see him play out.
I'm going take these vids down, put some new ones up soon.
Mike

Boston-Mike

New here
I put together a handful of AX8 Beatle presets for my dads band.
Recorded them live using only a Zoom Q2N.
He is playing the AX8 into a single Xitone FRFR powered cab.
I feel most of the presets worked well and sounded in most cases better than his vintage vox amp.
He is older, having issues seeing the AX8 while playing and sometimes forgets to hit boost / leads but..oh well.
Mike
Two videos:

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
They look like they are having a blast and playing the music they love. BTW, there are a few great books your dad might like Mike. Beatles Gear is a fab book, and very informative. In Their Own Write tells the back story of how a lot of those great song were written. Also Geoff Emmerick wrote a book on recording The Beatles. All of those books are great and would make a nice Bday or Christmas present. Or you could just give one just because.

Boston-Mike

New here
Thanks for the comments guys. For me making the presets they sound good to my ear but, the real test is what others think.
Mike

Boston-Mike

New here
This must be the fastest "I am a new user to complete tweaked presets and live video" in the community history ;)
Good help of @Geezerjohn AC preset I assume ;)

Great stuff
Thank you, Geezerjohn and this forum was a huge help. I also watched a bunch of Austin Buddy videos. Of course my dads playing "all in the player"
I made 8 presets to cover about a 50 song set list. Some easy, others took some time lol :)

MIKEAX8

New here
Hi Mike. Welcome to the Forum. You can try this preset.

You will also need to load in the cab. I attached the cab file as well. There are also factory cabs that work well with an AC30TB.
thanks for posting this. been switching between drive on and off for clean and dirty for a Beatles set....any other pointers? ty

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
thanks for posting this. been switching between drive on and off for clean and dirty for a Beatles set....any other pointers? ty
I have been tweaking my presets and using a 2-scene approach. I'll upload the new and improved AC30 preset when I get to my other computer. Scene 1 is assigned to footswitch 1 and scene 2 is assigned to footswitch 5. It is easy to toggle back and forth between them. Scene 2 is an AC30 in the Y state and is eq'd the same as scene 1 but with more drive for leads. I have been re-tooling all of my presets using the 2-scene approach. Also, all of my presets include a filter block set to null in the bypassed state. I have a 3db boost on the null filter so when I engage it, I get a nice clean bump in volume without changing the tone. In all my presets I assign the filter block to footswitch 4 so I always know where it is.

As far as doing Beatles covers, the AC30 is the perfect amp. I use my guitar volume and tone knobs all the time when playing live. Using your guitar volume, you can clean up the guitar or use the volume knob to drive it harder. The AC30 responds so well. Love that amp. Guitar volume backed off (try around 5) is perfect for early Beatles, through Rubber Soul era Beatles. (You will need a treble boost for covering Nowhere Man) Drive the volume harder for Revolver era stuff and Sgt. Pepper era stuff. Crank it for White Album era stuff.

I'll post the re-tweaked AC30 preset in a few minutes.

Top Bottom