Beatles Get Back

grandinq

Power User
I’m about an hour into the Get Back thing on Disney+ and it’s just… everything. Being a fly on the wall and watching the creative process is so cool. As a lifelong Beatles fan it’s almost overwhelming.

As brilliant as they are it’s also cool to see how they are like any band. John Lennon doodles constantly on his guitar and we’ve all had a guy in the band like that (and if you don’t know who that guys is, it’s you!). They distract themselves a lot breaking into other songs.

The dynamics are fascinating as well. George has become more creative but John and Paul still treat him like a little brother. They should have let him in more! Paul has lots of ideas about arrangement and they usually are spot on but annoy the others. You can see Paul taking charge because he has a vision but also because no one else will step up.

Highly recommend this!

As a musician, I'm certainly interested in watching this.

Maybe it will spur me to become a Beatles fan...

I know that's kind of sacrilege to say, but I just never got into them (even though I definitely enjoy some of their songs).

Big Beatles fan, but we don't have Disney+. Not sure if we want another premium channel, and there's stuff on HBO Max I'm interested in too. First world...

I rotate throughout the year. Seldom have more than one at anytime and let go of HBOMax so
I could sign up for Disney +. They had a deal for $1.99 for the first month which made it WAY
easier to do.

A bit later, how are folks feeling about this? Outside of here, without looking, all I've seen is a bunch of folks slagging on it.

Not that anyone's opinion matters to me except my own...

As a musician, I'm certainly interested in watching this.

Maybe it will spur me to become a Beatles fan...

I know that's kind of sacrilege to say, but I just never got into them (even though I definitely enjoy some of their songs).
I was born 9 months after their 1964 Atlantic City concert that my grandparents had to return early from vacation for my aunt to be able to attend. My dad would have been somewhere out west on vacation if not for them, and not in NJ with my mom....

I just finished the first episode.

This really captures the group dynamics of a bunch of people woodshedding one person's ideas and trying to figure out where to fit in or build upon an idea.

My biggest respect for Ringo not murdering the other 3 with an axe at points during the days covered as you can sense his frustration with certain meanderings and sparring.

Just finishing up watching the credits on Part 1.

Kinda made me miss the proverbial "good old days" working on songs, rehearsing them. Time has just passed away since then, for pennies on the dollar. All the things I thought I'd get to do later are just dreams and wishes - still decades away, but in the wrong direction....

Big Beatles fan, but we don't have Disney+. Not sure if we want another premium channel, and there's stuff on HBO Max I'm interested in too. First world...
Yes , I would love to see it also, but no disney, no hbo. Tired of paying for extra crap because the basic crap is expensive enough. I can afford it, just don't want to. Hoping I will get to see it sooner than later though.
Now this from a guy who pays $69.99 to watch ONE UFC championship fight. Go figure.
Love the Beatles!

A bit later, how are folks feeling about this? Outside of here, without looking, all I've seen is a bunch of folks slagging on it.

Not that anyone's opinion matters to me except my own...

I still loved it as I like watching the process unfold. They are very tedious though and I can see why engineers and others were sick of working with them by that point. They have no focus or plan. Lennon in particular can’t stay on task. I find it amazing they actually finished and recorded the songs they did.

I watched all three parts. Definitely worth watching if you are a Beatle fan. It gives you an insight into their writing and rehearsing at that time. That album was my least favorite Beatle album though. They were undisciplined, wasting time, and acting pretty crazy most of the time in the movie, but they still managed to write and record an album of new songs and play them live in a month. The second and third parts were the best to me. This movie is way better than the old Let It Be movie.

You get the impression that how they were trying to write songs in this movie was not how they did in in the past. One of them mentions how much easier it was to write songs when they were together all of the time. Writing songs together in hotel rooms etc.

I would have loved to see a moving like this of them writing and record Revolver and Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

I watched all three parts. Definitely worth watching if you are a Beatle fan. It gives you an insight into their writing and rehearsing at that time. That album was my least favorite Beatle album though. They were undisciplined, wasting time, and acting pretty crazy most of the time in the movie, but they still managed to write and record an album of new songs and play them live in a month. The second and third parts were the best to me. This movie is way better than the old Let It Be movie.

You get the impression that how they were trying to write songs in this movie was not how they did in in the past. One of them mentions how much easier it was to write songs when they were together all of the time. Writing songs together in hotel rooms etc.

I would have loved to see a moving like this of them writing and record Revolver and Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.
Or Abbey Road, or Meet The Beatles, or any of the early stuff. Really, I agree that this one was just about my least favorite album.

Not super psyched to subscribe to a streaming channel just for this either.

I just started the second episode. Fascinating stuff to me. My first album ever was Abbey Road, which had just come out at the time. I think I was in 6th grade.

I told my wife this documentary was three 3-hour shows. (Well, about 2 1/2 hours each on average.) Without missing a beat, she said "The Long and Winding Show, huh?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom