• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Beat scanner/Tempo detection

Rex

Legend!
+1. Tapping a tempo is difficult when you are the anti-Fred-Astaire. Holding a button and tapping on my guitar strings would be much more likely to approach accurate....
The trick is that, if your Tap Tempo footswitch has a Hold function, then the taps are counted on switch release instead of switch tap. You need to maintain a consistent down-up pattern. Once you start doing that, your Tempo taps become much more successful.

BTW, I’ve seen your rig. That’s not exactly the anti-Fred Astaire’s pedalboard. :p

unix-guy

Legend!
The trick is that, if your Tap Tempo footswitch has a Hold function, then the taps are counted on switch release instead of switch tap. You need to maintain a consistent down-up pattern. Once you start doing that, your Tempo taps become much more successful.

BTW, I’ve seen your rig. That’s not exactly the anti-Fred Astaire’s pedalboard. :p
DO'H!

It just occurred to me that I have the Tuner on the Hold function and have forever...

I know this stuff and it never occurred to me until now. Might explain my less than accurate tap tempo ;)

Joe Bfstplk

Fractal Fanatic

Good info. Not sure how much it will help when I am prone to tripping over the pattern in the carpet and falling up stairs, though. We're talking a level of clumsy that would make Buster Keaton shake his head in disbelief....

LOL! I like options. FWIW, on a lot of my per-song presets, half the buttons on the per-preset FC are dark and unused. It's the kitchen-sink ones that use all the buttons....

Top Bottom