Beat It intro sound - need guidance

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
The first intro part with that weird droning effect, that is in Michael Jackson's Beat it song, how can I recreate that in the Axe Fx III?

If you are talking about the very first sound that is heard on the song (the "gong" sound), it's not a guitar actually, it's a synth. It was allegedly a factory preset from a very expensive 80s synth called Synclavier.
Cheers.

I have a perfect replica midi patch for that gong that I use on my yamaha Clavinova. I paid for it though along with dozens of other patches so can’t share it. Sorry. 😩

It included the exact synth sounds for Jump and 1984 which never gets old to play. 🤗

If you are talking about the very first sound that is heard on the song (the "gong" sound), it's not a guitar actually, it's a synth. It was allegedly a factory preset from a very expensive 80s synth called Synclavier.
Cheers.
Yes....trying to replicate with Axe Fx III...we have synth in there too! Just want it in the ballpark of sounding right. Thanks!

As long as the notes are within the guitar range on the low string, you could probably get close to that sound with a distortion and a mid-heavy reverb, or maybe try the Synth block--maybe a square wave? I will have to poke around more with the Synth block. From what little I've poked at it, it seems kinda neato-torpedo....

Back
Top Bottom