BE vs HBE

Axe-Master
Like most of the people who post here, I'm a big fan of the BE/HBE models for fat, punchy rock tones. I created a preset and shot a quick video to demonstrate the tonal differences between the two models when set the same (basic amp controls, dynamics, motor drive etc).

I prefer the V2 models and I tweaked the motor drive, negative feedback, output compression and dynamic depth/presence. Hear for yourself below.

Here's the preset http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5479

Man, those sound so good. I dig them both but if I had to pick one I guess I'd go with the HBE.
The HBE compresses that little more and is so gratifying to play. FAS could release a pedal that only models this amp, a cab and nothing else and I'd probably buy it.

When I first got an Axe-Fx (Ultra) the HBE was the amp I really bonded with, whereas I got into the BE more on the AX8. The BE has slightly more if that classic Marshall roar, but I find it's more unforgiving.

BE, because it cleans up great at low Drive settings (the HBE doesn't).
The BE responds really nicely to the guitar's volume control too, maintains some chime which is nice for parts that require a little less gain but when you can't fit another scene on the grid.

Back
Top Bottom