Be sure to vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't vote ..., and it doesn't go your way ..., you have no right to complain about it .... just sayin' ....

I'm out of town today, but voted absentee a couple of weeks ago !

When it comes to president I would like to see a None of the Above box so my vote is truly heard and documented.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch"

Correct. Which is why this country was founded as a Constitutional Republic.

Madison Project » We the People: A Constitutional Republic, Not a Democracy

Most people often mistakenly refer to our nation as the greatest democracy on earth. They are mistaken because we are not an absolute democracy; we are a constitutional republic. That is what makes our nation great, for if we were merely a democracy, we would be anything but great.

If you don't vote ..., and it doesn't go your way ..., you have no right to complain about it .... just sayin' ....

I'm out of town today, but voted absentee a couple of weeks ago !

Yeah. I saw George Carlin perform before he passed away. It saddened me that he'd soured on the American form of government to the point where he said, literally, "Don't blame me for this crap. I don't vote!". As they'd say in the '70s, such a cop out. I know he was a sarcastic bastard, and I always loved that about him...but...if not the USA, then who then who carries the beacon of "the will of the people"?

Our form of government is certainly flawed. Those who are elected/appointed to implement it even moreso these days, it seems. That's no reason to give up. You owe it to those who literally died for the right to be represented via the ballot, and those who fought and died to preserve that right.

Again, voting is a waste of time, as is debating this shit on the internet. Also, I didn't mention it earlier with regards to not having the right to be upset if a person does not vote. It is just as feasible to say that even if you do vote and things don't go your way, you have no right to be upset either. After all, by voting, you do buy into the system of voting in this country. More power to you! Best regards to you all, carry on, I'm out.

Again, voting is a waste of time, as is debating this shit on the internet. Also, I didn't mention it earlier with regards to not having the right to be upset if a person does not vote. It is just as feasible to say that even if you do vote and things don't go your way, you have no right to be upset either. After all, by voting, you do buy into the system of voting in this country. More power to you! Best regards to you all, carry on, I'm out.

sorry you feel that way. I'd love to hear what the better option is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom