BE-100 Model Cab Suggestions

Satch4u3

Experienced
This has been my all time favourite for a long while. I own and actual BE100 and the Axe nails the tone. I typically load up some form of 3rd party IR to use with it but am looking to try something new. Possibly something stocking in the III. What are your favourite IRs to use with this model in a dir cr to FOH live setting?

131 or 132

Been using them since the Axe II and even though I have thousands from lots of cab packs and everything in the III, that TV mix just works, and sometimes when something works, there is no need to change

I like the Friedman running through two 2x12 Leggys (Factory 2, #47 & #51, panned hard left and right)
Also try it through a couple of 4x12 5153 cabs (Factory 2, #334 & #340, also panned hard left and right)

As always, experiment.

I like the 5150 III cabs mixed in with a V30 based cab on a lot of my gain amps, and they work well with the Friedman stuff. Probably my most used combo, but there are a lot of different variations that can work in that range.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Will def try these out tomorrow. Just setup and sound checked for our show tonight.

:microphone::weary:
:guitar:

I second the GNR.

If you don't mind spending a little money, try the Ownhamer GNR pack. Impulses taken from a very, very good '71 Marshall 412 with Pulsonic Celestions, It is the sound of rock and roll.

I'm somewhat biased. I am friends with the fellow that Kevin (Ownhammer) bought the cab in question from. He sold it to fund an original 1961 Strat (which is killer!). Had I not just bought a nice 58 VOS Les Paul, I would've bought it off him! But then the cab would've just sat in my studio and not been made available to all you good people!

I've played off it and heard it played in the room many times. This cab is a beast and part of Marshall royalty. You will not be disappointed.

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=186&products_id=438

Last edited:
The GNR IRs from OH are great indeed. I have been using one of the IRs from the OH3F folder. It's geared/tuned toward live use. It is really great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom