BB preamp by xotic

Would you like to see the BB preamp added?

• Total voters

guitarded

Experienced
I am somewhat new to the forum so if I am going about this wrong, please forgive...
I would really like to see a model of the BB preamp...I think it would be a great enhancement to the unit. Plus I think it would be different enough from the other drives to warrent adding.
do a search on youtube and see what you think about it.
The Andy Timmons vid is a great place to start.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiW22O914Cg

Hi guitarded,

I know what you're saying. I bought the BB after seeing that clip with Andy Timmons. I've never been able to get it to sound as good as his on that clip so it's probably a lot of other things as well. I've placed the BB in front of the Axe & found that the Super OD is pretty close to it. Match the settings he uses, (dist half, tone about 9:30 & output about 11 o'clock). I also had the mix about 75% to let some of the clean sound through. Try it on a neck single coil & let me know.

Cheers, Paul

takes some tweaking to get it to sound like timmons.. but you can. it would be a nice addition, i have one in a patchmate loop in front of my axe, along with an evh phase 90, and dod yjm pedal.

aircadet said:
Hi guitarded,

I know what you're saying. I bought the BB after seeing that clip with Andy Timmons. I've never been able to get it to sound as good as his on that clip so it's probably a lot of other things as well. I've placed the BB in front of the Axe & found that the Super OD is pretty close to it. Match the settings he uses, (dist half, tone about 9:30 & output about 11 o'clock). I also had the mix about 75% to let some of the clean sound through. Try it on a neck single coil & let me know.

Cheers, Paul

Hey Aircadet,
I haven't checked this thread in a while...
I was actually using the Super OD also...thought it sounded closer that anything else...But I appreciate the settings suggestions...will give it a shot when I get home.
I just really dig the guitar sound he was getting in that Vid.
Later man

dpeterson said:
takes some tweaking to get it to sound like timmons.. but you can. it would be a nice addition, i have one in a patchmate loop in front of my axe, along with an evh phase 90, and dod yjm pedal.

...yea, I was only able to get somewhat close... but I am not the best tweaker in the world... Just never really had the patients for it...but am learning to take my time :x
In fact...I don't know if this is how most people do it...but I found It sometimes takes several days to get to a good tone...It seems for me I gotta give my ears a rest, then come back fresh and try again...
Thanks Guys...
Later on

The BB is a cool pedal.... but I sold mine after getting the AXE-FX, you can get real close with the AXE-FX as it is.
I also sold the RC and AC.
The AC was my favorite out of the three.

;)

WOW!!! I love that sound!!

I actually love the clean sound without the BB already! It sounds clean and overdriven at the same time. There's this warmth and compression and ever so tiny bit of overdrive.
I've been searching for that already.

I wonder if it would be able to have a bass and treble knob tho...
every thing thus far has only a tone control...

i too would love to see the BB...
i kinda got close with a full od and graphic but couldnt quite get, and the bb really is a staple for me... i had kinda brushed the axefx or was a little dissatisfied (only with this one factor) like i said the bb is a staple for me... and it may seem a waste of its capability too but my old board i was using in front of my amp.... so yesterday i yanked the bb off my old board and set up some patches using the bb in the loop and the axe in fornt of the amp and boom there was my sound again..... just need to order a kleinulator for my amp then can run the 4cm method and get to using its capabilities a little more... but i guess back to the point whilst you can get reasonably close with the some of the drive models it still not there........ so a BB model would be great.... in an unrelated note the ts808 mod was exactly the same as my keeley modded screamer...exactly....
BB pre please......

added the add bb is one of the best distortion pedals and would be a great idea ...

I imagine implementing the classic Amps must be crazy because I had the opportunity to have the bb 3 days,,, very good

Yea... I can tweak the axe and get close to his tone when he (Timmons) has the bb on...the problem is trying to switch the drive off and on...I cant seem to get the clean right then...seems the drive and the amp have to both be tweaked together to get there...then kicking off the drive the amp dont sound so hot...
so whatever the bb does to a clean amp...I still haven't found a match for in the axe.
Still think it would be a great addition :D

Hi Guys,

Newbie here. Have been lurking around for a while!
Ultra would be in next week and really look forward to it.
The BB's a great pedal.
However I bought the BB+ instead and also have the RC. My current setup is guitar signal goes from RC to BB+ to TU2 to CE5 to Henriksen "Bluesamp" a SS amp. Sounds awesome.
Would keep this simple rig for impromtu jams etc.

Great forum and people here!!

My favorite pedal for throwing infront of amps and other pedals... this addition would be amazing and would mean i wouldn't need to keep my BB!

Just my personal preference, but I do prefer my Xotic AC Booster over my BB Preamp :)

Can Axe FX Ultra replicate the AC Booster pedal (I'm still waiting on my Ultra to arrive and did search for AC Booster on the forum and couldn't find anything). If it does, what is the setting?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom