Legacy Presets Bay Area Metal Giants Vol.1 & 2 out now! (METALLICA presets) XL+ & AX8

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
I like the Rasputin live tones. Did you add the drive block to the one for Kirk to be used for his leads? Or to keep on with the two amps for the main tone?

Jon, will there be any upgrades to the AxeIII for the people who already bought them. Thanks!

I'm sorry but there isn't such a thing in the works as I've stated before...
I guess you could use the AX8 version, load the presets via Fractool and use the included IR's instead of the tonematch block?
I have not tried this though so I can't say how the results would be.

I like the Rasputin live tones. Did you add the drive block to the one for Kirk to be used for his leads? Or to keep on with the two amps for the main tone?

I'm not sure what you mean?
I can't check the presets now but Kirk is known for using a tube screamer for both his leads and rhythm tones so I used a tube screamer often for his tones.

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on purchase the tallica packs for the Axe II, but I have got a couple of doubts. Could someone tell me what they sound like with the new ares update? do they still sound good ?? Is it necessary to make a lot of adjustment ???

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean?
I can't check the presets now but Kirk is known for using a tube screamer for both his leads and rhythm tones so I used a tube screamer often for his tones.

He uses the TS for his leads, but not really for rhythms. Just wasn't sure if you put the block in there to engage for his leads, and turn off for the rhythm tones. All good!!

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on purchase the tallica packs for the Axe II, but I have got a couple of doubts. Could someone tell me what they sound like with the new ares update? do they still sound good ?? Is it necessary to make a lot of adjustment ???

Thanks.

Looks like they haven't been updated in over a year (before Quantum 10.01) so they definitely will not sound as originally intended. YMMV

Actually it's a good question (I made it to Guitarjon by mail, with no reply..). I've not moved to Ares 1.03 yet, as I'm not sure about the results.... and I do not want to lose these presets!
Anyone has tried it?

Actually it's a good question (I made it to Guitarjon by mail, with no reply..). I've not moved to Ares 1.03 yet, as I'm not sure about the results.... and I do not want to lose these presets!
Anyone has tried it?

Could you please re send that email?
I don't think I recieved it.

I've answered this question before but the answer is simple.
I don't own an Axe Fx II / XL+ anymore so there is no way for me to try the presets with the new Axe Fx II FW.
However, I don't think you should be worried.
In fact, I expect all the presets to just sound fine.
What I recommend you do is make a backup of your Axe Fx II, load the new firmware and simply try the presets.
You could always roll back if you don't like it.
In any case, it would be interesting to know what the results are, but like I said, I don't think you need to worry. :)

I've answered this question before but the answer is simple.
I don't own an Axe Fx II / XL+ anymore so there is no way for me to try the presets with the new Axe Fx II FW.
However, I don't think you should be worried.
In fact, I expect all the presets to just sound fine.
What I recommend you do is make a backup of your Axe Fx II, load the new firmware and simply try the presets.
You could always roll back if you don't like it.
In any case, it would be interesting to know what the results are, but like I said, I don't think you need to worry. :)

I have upgraded to the final Ares firmware on my XL+. I own both of the Bay Area packs, as well as every publicly available Metallica Preset pack. Über fanboy here.

I’m such a huge fan of this pack, that it’s the only reason I haven’t purchased the Axe III yet. Unless I know I can convert them to it perfectly, or an updated version is released, I’ll keep my XL+

This is just one users opinion, but I strongly feel this pack sounds just as good, if not BETTER, than it did before on the firmware it was created on. From what I can hear, there are zero negative effects on these presets. In fact, in a way I feel like it brings new life to them.

I risk the inevitability of haunting regret if I don't present my own plea, echoing that of those previously in this, and other threads as well. I know I am part of a large and growing group of Fractal users that are desperately awaiting the next all-in-one Metallica pack made for the III. As great as this pack is for the II, I would love to move on to the current product here as well.

I vividly remember being a wet-behind-the-ears user of my first Fractal product, the II XL+, and scouring the internet for that magical pack that would give me all of the Metallica tones I had only dreamed about having access to for the last several decades. Alas, I discovered the efforts of one Mr. GuitarJon. Finally, someone had put together an all encompassing package of presets spanning the entire career of the most beloved metal band of all time! I really didn't care what the price tag was, i couldn't hit the purchase button quick enough. I can't thank you enough for the time and energy you put into this pack.

That being said, i guess i would hope to make this a call to arms. A call to anyone with the means and talent to give this a go again, for the III and most recent firmware. I'm sure there are a ton of users ready to break open their wallets and make yours, or whomever's efforts worthwhile. I would even be willing to donate funds to help the process along in anyway I can. I'm sure this is not an easy task and will require some time to accomplish. Isn't it worth it, to be the hero of many? Thats my plea, and Im sticking to it.

I'm still a bit new to the axe fx. I only just got it a few weeks ago. I'm wondering if someone here can tell me how I check what firmware version I have. I have an axe fx II XL. And also if anyone here can tell me if all the presets of these packs still sound spot on right out of the box on current firmware versions? I don't want to spend the money only to have to edit and change 200+ presets lol. Thanks

Hey Guitarjon,

In a few weeks I'm going to purchase an Axe Fx iii, and right after that I plan to buy both preset packs. However one preset I LOVE is James's live preset you made that's on Spotify. ( ). Does this preset come with either pack?

Back
Top Bottom