Legacy Presets Bay Area Metal Giants Vol.1 & 2 out now! (METALLICA presets) XL+ & AX8

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
I am trying to decide on purchasing either the axe fx 2 xl+ or the ax8. Do presents like these work and sound the same on both units or is it better to just get the axe fx to be sure of compatibility?

They sound the same but loading them into an Axe FX is easier.
For the AX8 you need to load IR's into the cab block and convert the presets with Fractool.

I think i will go for the Axe FX 2, hoping it will be years before i would need anything else. Will you continue to support the Axe FX 2 after the Axe FX 3 is out providing you continue to create presents?

I think i will go for the Axe FX 2, hoping it will be years before i would need anything else. Will you continue to support the Axe FX 2 after the Axe FX 3 is out providing you continue to create presents?

I'm not sure if I'll be getting an AXE FX III to be honest so I can't say much about that.

Thanks everybody for the support so far!
It means a lot!

Just so you guys know, the ' early adopter ' option will expire Friday morning.
From that day on the price will be 35 euros.

Got the presets in less than 30 minutes last night! These are worth every penny! Guitarjon thanks for releasing your tonematches for Quantum and having the early adopter option!

Any idea when vol 2 will be released?

loving the presets !! they sound sick with both hetset and emg 81/60 !! totally worth the money \m/

thanks a lot Guitarjon

Got the presets in less than 30 minutes last night! These are worth every penny! Guitarjon thanks for releasing your tonematches for Quantum and having the early adopter option!

Any idea when vol 2 will be released?

Thanks for the reviews!
I'm very stoked to hear that people other than me are enjoying these sounds.
The amount of hours I spent were not wasted, and that makes me happy!
What are your favorite presets so far guys?

About volume 2: it really depends on how many people get the first one.
Also, it takes a lot of time to make these so I'd have to find a good time to make them.
I hope many people will enjoy these first ones for now!

Purchased and received within minutes. Thank you @Guitarjon !

I'm a very new Axe FX user but I have to say I've run into your older threads years ago when I first started looking into digital modeling rigs. Being a long time Metallica fan, your tones definitely had an impact in my decision to go the Fractal route. The accuracy is uncanny and I'm having a blast running through each preset! And how cool is it that you've gotten noticed by Metallica's guitar techs (and experienced private tours of their rigs no less!!)

Thanks for your work!

Purchased and received within minutes. Thank you @Guitarjon !

I'm a very new Axe FX user but I have to say I've run into your older threads years ago when I first started looking into digital modeling rigs. Being a long time Metallica fan, your tones definitely had an impact in my decision to go the Fractal route. The accuracy is uncanny and I'm having a blast running through each preset! And how cool is it that you've gotten noticed by Metallica's guitar techs (and experienced private tours of their rigs no less!!)

Thanks for your work!

Hey Jon,

I just spent a few hours with these and all I can say is BRAVO!!!!!!

Very happy customer!!

That makes me very happy!
Thanks for reviewing the presets!

Sound's so close......incredible job.This is not your fault but the "Master"and "Justice"period their tone was total shit and you nailed their crap tone perfectly too.Very good job.

probably a stupid question but how different will these sound without the cab ir's? I use a matrix 1000 and mesa 2x12. Thanks

Sound's so close......incredible job.This is not your fault but the "Master"and "Justice"period their tone was total shit and you nailed their crap tone perfectly too.Very good job.

Thanks! About those particular tones I'll say: to each their own!
A lot of people REALLY love those tones and I'm quite partial to those as well.

By the way, I'd LOVE to hear some Metallica covers with these tones guys ;)
Really appreciate the love so far!

EDIT: Pre-sale is closed!

Hey everyone!

I've gotten many positive reactions from you guys and for that I'm very thankful!
It's good to know that all those hours making and tweaking the presets wasn't for nothing.
So thanks a lot for the support and investment!

Because of this I've decided to start working on Volume.2!

What will Volume.2 feature?

Volume 2 will feature presets and tonematches for the following albums:

-Load
-Reload
-Garage Inc.
-St. Anger
-Death Magnetic
-Hardwired

This pack will also feature some bonus live tonematches from recent live shows, S&M and more!

As with the first pack I'm fully dependent on source material but I will hunt as many tones down as I can.
If you happen to have any suggestions for great sounding live tones, please let me know.
Please only send suggestions with isolated guitar parts with as little as possible crowd noise.
I've already found a few good sources but having more options can't hurt!

The Pre-Sale:

Since many of you have requested a Volume.2 pack, I've decided to offer you the chance to be a part of this from the start via a pre-sale option.
You'll be given early access to all the albums as soon as they are done.
The first album will very likely be done THIS WEEK!
I'll add you to a special mailing list.
The people on that list will be given a discount next to the early access.

How you can be a part of the 'early adopter' / 'Pre-sale' list:

Make a payment of 30 Euros to my PayPal account (jonsymonsutrecht@hotmail.com or paypal.me/guitarjon) and I'll add you to the special pre sale list.
The price for the final pack once released will be 35 Euros.
Please clearly state that this payment is for the Pre-Sale and as before also please type in your email address and the type of file you want (AX8 or Axe FX).

Note: I can't guarantee a dealine for all the files to be finished but I will definitely make it a priority to get them done as soon as I can.

It's going to be a fun ride!

Thanks again for the support and your enthusiasm!

Kind regards,

Guitarjon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom