Batch Delete FC per-preset overrides and definitions possible?

Dutch

Fractal Fanatic
I imported about 80 presets from my AX8 to my FM3. Somehow they all include a bunch of per-preset overrides and Definitions. I don't want any for the near future. Is there a way to remove them from a batch at once? Overrides have a "Clear All" button, but the Definitions don't. Going one at a time for 80 presets...

There is no bulk erase for the per-preset overrides.

The overrides probably are the result of some block type in the AX8 sysex file having been removed and reassigned in the current hardware and FracTool didn’t know what needed to change.

Also, though FracTool can technically port the AX8 preset so it can be loaded into a current generation unit, there’s no conversion, the parameters are not going to match so the presets won’t sound right. In addition, odds are really good you will need to reset at least the Amp blocks.

Generally people just start from scratch rather than try to move the presets like that. Moving presets between the current generation is doable as long as the firmware versions are at parity and the blocks actually exist and fit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom