Bassman

I love how much glassier Mike's tone is in that clip that the Princeton clip. I have a habit of preferring darker tones.

I love how much glassier Mike's tone is in that clip that the Princeton clip. I have a habit of preferring darker tones.

Yeah, the Bassman does the glassy thing quite right, even with Drive around 8, and a Strat at position 4 (near bridge; some call it pos 2...). Headroom ….

Last edited:
I can’t quite make out if Mike is using a vibe or phaser or roto in that fragment. He usually does but the effect, if any, is very much in the background. Could be a really slow vibe.

I can’t quite make out if Mike is using a vibe or phaser or roto in that fragment. He usually does but the effect, if any, is very much in the background. Could be a really slow vibe.
He's a big user of the Roto-Vibe, might be that.

Mike uses a Vibe quite a lot, sounds like his Vibe tone to me

Edit: Ian beat me to it re: Vibe

When the Bassman was added a little while ago, I didn't even try it. Fast forward and it's one of my top 3 most played amps.

Does not the 5f8 do the same thing, just better? (matched with same cabinet/IR and same speaker tab settings)

I'm a high gain metal player who just goes to the presets for some light relief and was quite surprised the Bassman 59 preset is the first I usually turn to. I've never even owned a single coil guitar or thought I'd be a Fender amp person. Now I'm thinking I should get a Strat of some sort, whereas my other wish list guitars are a new BC Rich Ironbird and ESP LTD EC Black Metal. Maybe it's the first signs of age creeping in...

Back
Top Bottom