Bassguy & Momose Strat

Axe-Master
I'm borrowing a Momose Strat (Japanese made vintage strat copy) at the moment and it's really blowing me away. Here it is fired up with the Bassguy normal model and an analog drive in front of the AX8, with a subtle delay added in my DAW in post.

Preset is in the video description.

I'm borrowing a Momose Strat (Japanese made vintage strat copy) at the moment and it's really blowing me away. Here it is fired up with the Bassguy normal model and an analog drive in front of the AX8, with a subtle delay added in my DAW in post.

Preset is in the video description.

Your tone and playing sound fantastic Leon. great job

Wow, sounds nice, I didn't know this Momose japanese brand....

One curious thing is that when I first saw the title of your video right away I thought about the Korean plant of Unsung, mostly known for their fine Epiphones (they make beautiful guitars, but IME Saein is the best Korean plant).

Last edited:
That Strat sounds amazing Leon! Lovely playing too as always!

Interestingly, I tried your patch on my American Strat (which has the Seymour Duncan SSL-1 pups installed) and I had to drop the Negative Feedback on your patch from 10 to 1, and punch up the Input Gain a tad in order to get the same/similar breakup that you have with the Momose. That's quite a huge difference!! I might get myself one of those!

Sounds excellent!! what IR are you using?
An IR I shot of my Marshall TV cab with greenbacks and a Cascade Fat Head (attached).

Interestingly, I tried your patch on my American Strat (which has the Seymour Duncan SSL-1 pups installed) and I had to drop the Negative Feedback on your patch from 10 to 1, and punch up the Input Gain a tad in order to get the same/similar breakup that you have with the Momose. That's quite a huge difference!! I might get myself one of those!

It's a really wonderful guitar; easily comparable to to a CS USA Strat but without the pricetag.

Attachments

• U046_LT 412 MAR GB FH 1.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 40

Did you put an analog drive pedal in front of the AX8 like Leon did? That would surely make a difference.

Hey Leon

Real nice as always and so cool that you posted a preset for a Strat ;) Thanks

Found it, Thanks.........

Last edited:
Looking on eBay and finding quite a few different models. Priced about the same as custom shop guitars. Sounds very nice, Leon, as always!

Here's the drive pedal in question with a similar tone for anyone interested. I'll try replicate it with the AX8 if anyone is interested.

Thanks Leon! Am interested to see what you come up with. I was trying to match your pedal and found that the Esoteric RCB had very similar results when used with your patch. I did that before you told us which pedal it was, so I don't know how accurate of a choice it is except that it sounds very close to my ears.

EDIT: I did set the Esoteric RCB Drive to 10, and having just watched the video you shared about the pedal I changed the Clip Type to Germanium, however it sounds pretty close with Silicon still.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom