Bass wah block settings?

Bodde

Fractal Fanatic
Question for bass players. Do you use the wah block for bass? If so what settings do you use? I have a Dunlop Bass wah 105Q and I like that sound. I am trying to get something similar out of the Axe fx II but have a bit of a hard time getting good bass wah sounds. Most of the settings have too much mid range. I am looking for funky expressive vocal like bass sounds. But I also like Geezer Butler type of wah sound. But the funky wah and slap bass wah is more important for me.

Question for bass players. Do you use the wah block for bass? If so what settings do you use? I have a Dunlop Bass wah 105Q and I like that sound. I am trying to get something similar out of the Axe fx II but have a bit of a hard time getting good bass wah sounds. Most of the settings have too much mid range. I am looking for funky expressive vocal like bass sounds. But I also like Geezer Butler type of wah sound. But the funky wah and slap bass wah is more important for me.
Sweetwater has a wah comparison chart that includes the 105Q.
https://www.sweetwater.com/feature/dunlop/wah-pedals/index.php

The chart includes the frequency range of the wah.

Thanks that is helpful!
However there is more to consider than the frequencies alone. What about resonance and low cut and fat settings?
Do you generally use the log30A taper for (bass) wahs? That also makes a big difference.
I don't often use wah on bass. When I do, I just try a few in the Axe-FX III and go with whatever sounds best at the time without making any changes.

I remember seeing a more comprehensive comparison of ways on the net - maybe also on the Sweetwater site.

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and FM3 but yesterday I had great results using a Filter module and the Dunlop Cry Baby Bass - Freqs shown in the link from Sweetwater. So I'm controlling a mid band somewhere between 220 Hz and 1900 KHz with an Expression Pedal and that leaves my bass to sound much more natural compared to all of the wah pedals from the wah block.

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and FM3 but yesterday I had great results using a Filter module and the Dunlop Cry Baby Bass - Freqs shown in the link from Sweetwater. So I'm controlling a mid band somewhere between 220 Hz and 1900 KHz with an Expression Pedal and that leaves my bass to sound much more natural compared to all of the wah pedals from the wah block.
Welcome and thanks for the idea - I'll try that out.

Back
Top Bottom