Bass Tone recommendations?

Hey guys,

I spent some serious time with the Axe II working on high gain tones again. After a lot of work I realized that my presence and mid/high settings were probably way too extreme. After cutting back dramatically I'm much happier with the way they sit in the mix when I double track (not shrill and slicing my ears off, basically). I have been trying, ruefully, to work on bass tone as well.

So does anybody here have any patches? I'm looking to get a nice sound to match with modern high gain tones. I am getting close, but I feel like I can't quite zoom in on it. I've been using the Bass SV and the matching bass cabinet. Any suggestions?

I biamped with a guitar drive/amp/cab to cover the grit and got some more pleasing results than the SVT alone did. Maybe there's a simpler way to do it though.

Hey thanks for the advice guys. I'm running two amp sims now and I'm liking the grit that comes out of it more now. Any recommendations on general settings? I'm running an Ibanez SR705 with bartolini MK-1's in it, if that helps at all.

Back
Top Bottom