• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Bass sound?

Axe 335

Hi,

With the Ax8, is it possible to create a good bass sound (using a guitar) that would be close to a real bass?
Someone ever tried that?

Thanks

artzeal

Experienced
Well, I've tried and I haven't. The pitch shifter can get something that might be considered passable in a live mix: But, I don't know of some other device that is really going to sound and sit right compared to playing an actual bass: Guitar synths that make use of physical modeling or a keyboard triggering samples can get closer, but even then; just playing a bass is easier and IMO sounds better: The short scale ones may be easier for some guitarists. The AX8 is fantastic as a bass amp, so I feel no need to mess with success.

Last edited:
Top Bottom