Bass sim?

Fredlos120

Inspired
After seeing an article on "Impersonating Bass Synth sounds," just wondering if anyone has preset ideas to simulate bass lines with guitar for recording, etc.?

Cooper Carter has a YouTube video: "G66: 8 great axe fx II factory presets". Towards the end of this vid he modifies an existing preset to simulate a bass - it's cool, simple, and will certainly pass for scratch tracks and home noodling.

Cooper Carter has a YouTube video: "G66: 8 great axe fx II factory presets". Towards the end of this vid he modifies an existing preset to simulate a bass - it's cool, simple, and will certainly pass for scratch tracks and home noodling.
I will check it out -- thanks!

Honestly I'd say just get a cheap bass, works and sounds better.

I got a Fender Squire Jag Bass, for $129 when MF was having a sale. Its a 30" scale that feels comfortable for my guitar player hands, and sounds far better than trying to pitch down a guitar, with no glitches, sustain issues etc.

Not knocking pseudo bass patches, but the "real thing" is easily affordable and a fun item to have around the house. Feel mine was easily worth the price, and now I'm never hurting for the ability to lay down some basslines

yea I got a squier jazz bass.. sounds good with the stock preset.. One day i'm gonna throw some nice pickups in it, but it plays great. 120 bucks.

i do understand the need to play bass on guitar sometimes though. I've done it myself more than once at church.

I agree. Check out your local pawn shops or even craigslist. You can most likely find a beater bass for cheap. Plus, you can't play Spinal Tap's "Big Bottom" on a regular guitar. It's just not right.

Honestly I'd say just get a cheap bass, works and sounds better.

I got a Fender Squire Jag Bass, for $129 when MF was having a sale. Its a 30" scale that feels comfortable for my guitar player hands, and sounds far better than trying to pitch down a guitar, with no glitches, sustain issues etc.

Not knocking pseudo bass patches, but the "real thing" is easily affordable and a fun item to have around the house. Feel mine was easily worth the price, and now I'm never hurting for the ability to lay down some basslines
Seconding this, nothing compares or reacts the way a real bass will. The jag bass mentioned and the jazz bass have less substantial necks and won't break your hands AND the Squier offerings fir both are tremendous value for money used

Yes, I too have a real bass in the rack - 5-string Peavey. About $200 new... Record with it all the time... both options useful.

Back
Top Bottom