Bass presets?

Michael G

New to the forum folks. My guitarist just got an Ax-FXII and I got to looking at the AX8 for my bass. Has anyone seen a list of what bass amp and cab models will be available?

I am interested in this as well. I play bass in a cover band, but it am a transplanted guitarist.... So the ax8 will be my savior

Not too many bass players here I guess. Would love to hear some feedback on this with the bass presets.

Bass (and guitar) here... with all the amps in the Axe, its not that hard to create your own, find a decent cab and put in a little EQ.
Very usable..

Bass (and guitar) here... with all the amps in the Axe, its not that hard to create your own, find a decent cab and put in a little EQ.
Very usable..

Yep. With all the advanced parameters and filters, you can tailor most effects to work nicely with bass.

Yep. With all the advanced parameters and filters, you can tailor most effects to work nicely with bass.
I'd still like to see more "traditional" bass amps modeled for the bass player, but being a guitar player, that has not been Cliff's focus. Maybe someday !

Very usable..
While true, still can't get a lot of the classic bass amp tones. It's akin to say, not having Mesa amps in the Axe-Fx. Yeah, tons of other high gain amps and such that you can get good tones out of, but if you're wanting that Mesa tone, and the amp isn't there, you're just not going to get there.
That's the dilemma we bassists face. Anytime this topic is brought up, it's just silence from anyone in the know / who can change that. A lot of us bassists have given up on repeating ourselves asking for a hat tip :)

That's the dilemma we bassists face. Anytime this topic is brought up, it's just silence from anyone in the know / who can change that. A lot of us bassists have given up on repeating ourselves asking for a hat tip :)
Like I stated above, Cliff is a guitar player. To me - given the direction of the FAS product line - bass has not been a focus point over the last 6+ yrs i've been around. I'm sure he could probably model a few of them, but that would be his call.

I don't disagree at all. I was as much replying to the "it's good enough" comment (which gets very old - imagine if that was the stance given to guitarists) as well as the "Not too many bass players here I guess" comment. I just didn't multi quote like I probably should have.
Cliff is Cliff, it's his business to run as he sees fit. I'm not about to tell him how to go about it - he has a successful model going and obviously knows what he's doing.

I don't disagree at all. I was as much replying to the "it's good enough" comment (which gets very old - imagine if that was the stance given to guitarists) as well as the "Not too many bass players here I guess" comment. I just didn't multi quote like I probably should have.
Cliff is Cliff, it's his business to run as he sees fit. I'm not about to tell him how to go about it - he has a successful model going and obviously knows what he's doing.
Sorry.. LOL - that wasn't too obvious from ur post!

Back
Top Bottom