Bass presets - nothing exists from Factory. Why?

TwinsenLBA

Can you please share some nice presets for bass? Most of what I find is overdriven. I look for clean and slap tones. Would love to have wealth of presets to choose from.
Thank you.

Can you please share some nice presets for bass? Most of what I find is overdriven. I look for clean and slap tones. Would love to have wealth of presets to choose from.
Thank you.
Spend a few more bucks (on sale now) for the Bass pack at www.austinbuddy.com and you will never need to ask again. You’re welcome.
Edit.
I just realized buddy has not yet released this for the III .. @austinbuddy any word on that or on Fractool compAtibility?

Last edited:
But why nothing from FAS? why ignoring bass players or 50/50 guitar/bass players in such a way? I'm not even mentioning the ridiculously low bass amp count (4? 5?)

But why nothing from FAS? why ignoring bass players or 50/50 guitar/bass players in such a way? I'm not even mentioning the ridiculously low bass amp count (4? 5?)

I don't know what FAS actual stance is, but it would seem as though the Axe-Fx is a guitar preamp/effects processor that happens to also include a couple of bass amps. Not that it's intended to be the one-stop shop for both guitar and bass. Even though it certainly can be.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I never perceived it as being anything different than that.

Also I think @dr bonkers may be working on some cool bass presets as well.
@TwinsenLBA I do have bass presets with each of my IR packs at https://www.drbonkerssoundlab.com/product-category/bass-guitar-cabinet-files/.

They are developed for the Axe-fx II and AX-8 currently and can be converted using FracTool. I am currently working on a free update to all current customers where I add some Axe-fx III presets as well as update Axe-fx II and AX-8 presets to the latest firmware, so people can buy with confidence knowing that I am not going to charge additional for such stuff, though it is a lot of effort.

There are several people that post free bass presets on the Axe-Change.

I have offered in the past to create some bass presets for the firmware that show off how some guitar amps work great for bass with some mods and paired with the right IR. To date they have not taken me up on the offer, though 4 of my cabs are featured in firmware.

@austinbuddy offers a great bass pack as well.

Spend a few more bucks (on sale now) for the Bass pack at www.austinbuddy.com and you will never need to ask again. You’re welcome.
Edit.
I just realized buddy has not yet released this for the III .. @austinbuddy any word on that or on Fractool compAtibility?
It's definitely on my to-do list for Axe-Fx III! First have to update 1400+ Naked Amps presets to firmware 11, then can turn to it - first quarter 2020 probably.

Want to produce 200+ Bass for both Axe-Fx III (and FM3) once released. I did port some presets over to the III and am playing with it. The III definitely has wider bass cab choices which helps.

Back
Top Bottom