Bass players using the FX8

I'm a bass player waiting for my FX8 to arrive!!!! Any other bass players on here?

Hey, don't take this the wrong way, but seems like a hell of a lot of money to spend on an effects pedal for bass. What's your thinking behind the purchase and do you think you're going to get value for money out of the pedal? Just interested to know what the appeal is to a bass player :)

There's no question that I probably won't use it to it's fullest potential,but if you add up all the effects I used to have on my pedal board along with a tuner,switching system,and Pedal Power,the FX8 is a bargain!

There's no question that I probably won't use it to it's fullest potential,but if you add up all the effects I used to have on my pedal board along with a tuner,switching system,and Pedal Power,the FX8 is a bargain!

Yeah, I guess you're right. With good pedals at $200 a pop, it soon adds up The one BIG advantage I am finding with the FX8 is no longer having to do the tap dance. On a couple of songs I used to have to switch off 2 pedals and hit a boost pedal for a solo - just crazy. You miss one and your sound's Donald Ducked! With the FX8 in Scene mode, it's one footswitch and I'm there.

Are using those humbusters cable or no?

I trying to do some researches here in the forum about the use of humbuster cable for bass.
Is it a good deal or in fact the Hcable won't do anything more or less if we use convencional cables...

Are using those humbusters cable or no?

I trying to do some researches here in the forum about the use of humbuster cable for bass.
Is it a good deal or in fact the Hcable won't do anything more or less if we use convencional cables...

I haven't needed one, it's dead quiet!

Hey prockenklang,

I R one... a bass player using the FX8 that is. It's working well for me so far. I've actually gigged with it in the past three weeks without even using any of its effects, as I just this week figured out how to run it effectively (pardon the pun) in my wet/dry rig. No wait; I DID have a slight reverb engaged. My point is that the overall tone of my rig was maintained to near perfection.

I'm not using Humbuster cables. I've fashioned a 6-cord snake (I'm doing wet/dry stereo via 2 separate amps) made from different colored George L's cables, and it's dead-quiet.

Why would you use such an elaborate pedal for bass? IMO, why WOULDN'T you? This year's new BP magazine's bass player of the year, Henrik Linder uses Axe FX II in his wet/dry/wet rig. One of things I think I'm really going to enjoy is getting creative and experimenting... Am I "preaching to the choir"?

Holler back and let us know how your using it. At least you count on me for being interested. :encouragement:

I use mine directly into Jule Monique Dove Cage preamp into a VUE Audiotechnik h12n powered 1x12 w/horn and a VUE hs20 powered 1x10 sub.

"Why bass playes need a FX8, Why bass player need an AxeFx2? Why an bass player needs a Kemper?"
Really, this kind of arguments sucks like hell...
It's the same as: Why guitarrists needs a million effects pedals only to make some distortions, reverb and wah sounds? The same cheap gears available for bass, are a lot for guitar too...

I use an Axe-Fx for my guitar gigs and an FX8 for my bass gigs. It is a dream machine. A secret weapon.

Hi There,

I'm subscribing to this thread. I'm a bass player who's used tons of effects since the late 1980s. It all depends on the kind of music you do, but I can totally see the potential for this thing, both in a band setting and for solo performance.

What I want to know is which of the effects in the FX8 work particularly well on bass and which don't. Am I going to get the quality of pitch shifting and reverb I get from my Eventide H9? Are the overdrives and fuzzes (with EQs, of course) strong enough to replace a BB pre, OFD, Brassmeister, Bassdrive, Red Dragon, Wooly Mammoth and/or other bass pedals? How are the filters compared to Iron Ether or Moog offerings? Can you do synth-like filter sweeps that have decent low end? How are the phasers? Can you use multiple instances of the looper to have A/B parts of a piece? Are there things it does for bass that no other effects setup does?

And finally, how easy is it to tweak your presets when you get to practice or a gig and realize your levels are off?

I know there are tons of reviews of this stuff for guitar, but I'm asking for bass. And the AxeFX reviews for bass seem to mostly be focused on amp models, so they don't help a lot. If there's a great effects video I'm missing, please point me in that direction.

Thank you!

Here are the effects available on the Fx8...
I hope soon the SYNTH Block comes to FX8 because on AxeFX there's synth block...

fx8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom