Bass IR EQ Match Attempt Chevelle Joyride Need Thoughts

Deadpan

Inspired
Vendor
Hey all,
I am attempting to run Logic EQ Match to get the bass sound from Chevelle's Joyride.
Some attempts attached.
These are bass IRs, may work for guitar?
Please give feedback.

Attachments

• Joyride EM W.zip
    42.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
G'day Deadpan
Thanks for that - I made a simple compressor/amp/Cab that sounded vanilla bass to me, then loaded each of your IRs, My fave is the AS 5m. Commentys below. Think I'll do some multi cab tests now. :)

Comparing to the SV 4X10 M88
AS 1m - much more like a sub
AS 2b - sounds like a smaller speaker
AS 3m - Still a bit much low for me
AS 5m - Nice.. still something a little floppy in the low end
SV 1m - no bottom
Edit: I'm really enjoying the AS 5m - haven't had this much fun with a bass in the axe fx for a long time!

Thanks
Pauly

Last edited:
Hey Pauly,

Thanks much for the detailed feedback. I will keep this in mind when I get a chance to do more of these. AS 5m is the one I landed on as well.

Were you going for a clean or dirty tone? I find myself using a guitar amp more than a bass amp as the Chevelle tone is very distorted, I also like using my OD9pro+ boost to get closer. My other boosts cut the lows too much to use with the bass.

I was able to get a very nice clean tone with 5m though as you mentioned the bass needed to be adjusted accordingly.

If anyone else has any comments, good or bad I'd love to hear them. It will only help me make better versions.

Last edited:
Hi Deadpan,

Definately a clean tone - What mics did you use, what distance from the cab, and in what sort of room?

Thanks
Pauly

I wish I could say. I just grabbed a free IR from the net an ran Logics Match EQ and sometimes some additional EQ. For 5 I simply ran Match EQ 5 times, each time the match was a less drastic adjustment.

Here is a very small dirty sound sample if anyone would like to give feedback:

Back
Top Bottom