Bass Guitar presets help..

nuno1959

Hi guys

Just bought a 2nd hand FX8 to replace my pedalboard...
Thing is, I'm having a bit of difficulty creating say.. a basic chorus, delay and chorus and delay presets which are the effects I use most as, although I'm used to pedals and tweaking them, when editing on the FX8 I get a bit lost as there are parameters I'm not familiar with hence I'm struggling
Could any bass player who uses the FX8 be so kind to share a couple of these so I could see how they are ''set up'' & for me to use as starting points to then fine tune my own so to speak ?
Also, how do I go about getting an Octaver effect for my bass ? That one really lost me

Any help will be greatly appreciated, many thanks

no need to mess with parameters you aren't familiar with. for chorus, stick with depth, rate and mix. try the different "types" as those are different types of chorus sounds. delay basics are feedback, time/tempo and mix.

no need to mess with parameters you aren't familiar with. for chorus, stick with depth, rate and mix. try the different "types" as those are different types of chorus sounds. delay basics are feedback, time/tempo and mix.
Hi Chris and thanks for the input..

Sticking w/ the basic parameters is basically what I have been doing ( after obviously trying out the others to see what changes they bring to the fx.. ) but I just realised after posting this that for example compared to my Source Audio Nemesis delay, those basic parameters are way more ''sensitive'' for lack of a better word : while on the Nemesis I had a delay w/ a feedback rate of 20 odd % here that is WAY too much and this is one of the things that's being throwing me off
One other thing, when I play the note, the first ''delay response'' is almost at the same volume of the original note, how can I lower it ?
Sorry if my terminology isn't that accurate but English is not my native language so.... please bear w/ me if I'm not too clear explaining stuff

Again many thanks

Hi Chris and thanks for the input..

Sticking w/ the basic parameters is basically what I have been doing ( after obviously trying out the others to see what changes they bring to the fx.. ) but I just realised after posting this that for example compared to my Source Audio Nemesis delay, those basic parameters are way more ''sensitive'' for lack of a better word : while on the Nemesis I had a delay w/ a feedback rate of 20 odd % here that is WAY too much and this is one of the things that's being throwing me off
One other thing, when I play the note, the first ''delay response'' is almost at the same volume of the original note, how can I lower it ?
Sorry if my terminology isn't that accurate but English is not my native language so.... please bear w/ me if I'm not too clear explaining stuff

Again many thanks
simply reduce the mix to the number you need to sound how you want.

Ace !!
In the meantime I've sussed out a couple more ''differences'' between the FX8 and the pedals I was used to...
Thanks Chris 👌👌

Back
Top Bottom