Bass factory presets

Osprey

I have been getting familiar with my FM9, and have been getting familiar with the factory presets which are awesome- but I have not found any specifically for bass. I would love an ampeg preset, but with all the names being different I may be just missing it. If one exist could you please let me know what number? Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions. That’s surprising that there are not any factory presets for bass. There’s bass amp models, and so many guitar presets that it seems some are just for novelty. A pack of just standard useable bass presets would be good. Most of the bands I listen to have a bass player. Just like everywhere else, bass players overlooked and ignored.

Sorry, I will just quote myself from another thread.

Did you try the G.O.T. presets? It has bass presets from Aerosmith bassist and from Steve Vai's bass player. Should be a good start.
Also, try cabs from AsA G.o.T presets - they are play tuned-down 7 and 8 strings guitars, should also be pretty good for bass.
And after all that just buy @austinbuddy 's bass preset pack!

Though I'm currently enjoying the FM9 Turbo for bass exclusively, bass support has always been a sticking point for many of us. It seems inconsistent of Fractal to purport their products to be great for bass - and they are - yet not include a small number of stock bass presets. Thus I've come to understand that this is just the way it is, and will likely always be with Fractal sort of walking a fine line, not wanting to ignore bassists, but not going much out of their way to actively court the bass community.

I've accepted this and just enjoy the FM9 as is, with no further expectations things will change, but happily surprised if they do.

Surprisingly it does seem short sighted to not have a handful of good Bass presets. I have been looking at getting a 5 string just to have around for that once a great while question do you play a Bass? to which my reply would be... I think so :p !

I got asked to fill in on bass for a gig this coming weekend, so have downloaded a few bass presets off the exchange site.. And tested out a few. Ended up modifying an SVT preset and like the result.. FYI I used to own an SVT3 and 4x12 cab.. With dbx compressor etc. I am impressed with the simple tweeking and was able to get a bass tone I was happy with. Set up with a Music Man Sterling with dual humbuckers.

One word - @austinbuddy

His bass presets will solve your problem.
Thanks
Pauly

I have been getting familiar with my FM9, and have been getting familiar with the factory presets which are awesome- but I have not found any specifically for bass. I would love an ampeg preset, but with all the names being different I may be just missing it. If one exist could you please let me know what number? Thanks!

I got asked to fill in on bass for a gig this coming weekend, so have downloaded a few bass presets off the exchange site.. And tested out a few. Ended up modifying an SVT preset and like the result.. FYI I used to own an SVT3 and 4x12 cab.. With dbx compressor etc. I am impressed with the simple tweeking and was able to get a bass tone I was happy with. Set up with a Music Man Sterling with dual humbuckers.
Thx - are you positing your tweak?

Back
Top Bottom