Bass-centric features and more controllers

jimfist

Fractal Fanatic
New Ultra user here, and I'm loving it! Can't rave enough about this piece. I know that certain bass features have been mentioned on the wish list, and I'd just like to amplify some of those:

- better bass tracking of pitch for the tuner (global mode for tuner: bass instruments)

- pitch modifier that tracks pitches around the bass guitar frequency spectrum (selectable guitar or bass modes)

- ditto for the WAH block, so that the low end of the sweep can bottom out lower than the 200Hz limit - OR - as an alternative, the ability to have some controllers added to either the FILTER or PARA EQ blocks, with FREQUENCY and LEVEL having the ability to be controlled (via modifier/pedal)

On a more general note, I'd love to see a few more controllers added to some parameters, specifically:

- PITCH SHIFT: Fixed Frequency and Crystals - discrete control over Voice 1 SHIFT and Voice 2 SHIFT, so that their shift amounts can be continuously controlled independent of each other. Ditto for their respective LEVELS. I realize that the work-around for ULTRA users is to simply use both instances of the Pitch Block, but it would be very cool to not have to use up 2 slots on the grid, and this would essentially double your pitch shifting pleasure.

Generally speaking, I find that the Axe-Fx is so powerful and versatile that a work-around can be found to compensate for the lack of controllers on certain specific parameters - at least I haven't found it to be a problem yet.

I'm not complaining, mind you, but I'd love to see control access to AS MANY of the effects' main parameters as possible, especially in the EQ sections of the DRIVE and AMP blocks, if for no other reason than to save a space here and there on the routing grid...just wishing.

the ability to have some controllers added to either the FILTER or PARA EQ blocks, with FREQUENCY and LEVEL having the ability to be controlled (via modifier/pedal)

- having just read the manual for the FILTER block, I see that you CAN attach controllers to its parameters. I wrongly assumed that this was not possible since the AxeFx Filter Block screen gives no specific graphic clues that this can be done.

...my bad...(but I'm glad I found this info 8) )

Back
Top Bottom