Bass and Guitar with Axe Fx II

Hello long time axe fx dreamer, first time poster. I've got a two questions. I haven't read everything about the axe fx 2, so forgive me if this is obvious. Is the 2 much better at tracking below a low E (tuner functional for B string) and overall more bass friendly than an ultra?

Also I split my playing pretty evenly between guitar and bass and I am considering consolidating into one rig. Does anyone have suggestions on cabinets and power amps that are equally good for guitar and 5 string bass and small enough for stages at clubs?

Thanks

Silence.speaks ( nice name BTW) welcome,

I can not comment on your first question.

As for the amp and cab I can. My bass player plays in several bands and switched over to a Matrix GT800FX. He really loves this amp combined with his 19" bass POD. This amp really performs for both bass and guitar. If you want to keep your punch in your sound go for a EVM12L solution. This speaker in a well tuned cabinet can be used for both guitar and bass. It can get at low to 50 - 60 Hz and as high as 10 - 12 kHz.

Just my bass player and mine experience.

Regards

I can comment on the first one, I tracked a record using the Ultra, and the tuner does have trouble doing low tuning. I was in drop C and it couldn't track the C. But you can use pitch harmonic of the 12th fret, that works more accurately anyway if you are recording.

Hope it helps, and sorry I'm late ;)

Yes, if you want something smaller, get a pair of Bag End S12 or S15D's.

Here's a video:
‪Bag End for bass and guitar.MOV‬‏ - YouTube

If you want bigger, get a Bergantino NV412. I have one of those as well and it is killer.

I also have a pair of sealed Mesa Recto 2x12's loaded with EVM 12L black labels and they sound alright for bass, but there isn't much below ~80Hz, so I wouldn't go that route if you want to use them in a live/band environment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom