Bass Amps

ok so... not like anyone cares what I think but here's my thoughts (just tried it).
You didn't set them hot or anything level-wise and I appreciate that.

Some good core tones there.
I went to look what you did with the bassman, cause I liked the sound you got there, and it was very similar to my settings for that amp. So either great minds think alike or... there just so much you can do with the bassman! Gotta drop that drive to almost off.

I noticed two things that perplexed me: 1) you are using double cab but in may presets you are using the default 1x4 pig 57 cab... not sure if this was intentional as I believe the pig is for "pignose" ie a vintage portable guitar amp. Does seem to give some highs but I thought it sounded better being replaced with any number of other things IMHumbleO.
2) I also noticed the g-eq is on but flat? wondered if you heard some significant change there with it engaged.

Anywho... it's def a keeper and going with my 'good pile' but I reserve the right to make some minor changes! Thank you for sharing.

Hi Mister

Feel free! - Please share though :)

The pig should be muted - is it not?

Thanks
Pauly

ok so... not like anyone cares what I think but here's my thoughts (just tried it).
You didn't set them hot or anything level-wise and I appreciate that.

Some good core tones there.
I went to look what you did with the bassman, cause I liked the sound you got there, and it was very similar to my settings for that amp. So either great minds think alike or... there just so much you can do with the bassman! Gotta drop that drive to almost off.

I noticed two things that perplexed me: 1) you are using double cab but in may presets you are using the default 1x4 pig 57 cab... not sure if this was intentional as I believe the pig is for "pignose" ie a vintage portable guitar amp. Does seem to give some highs but I thought it sounded better being replaced with any number of other things IMHumbleO.
2) I also noticed the g-eq is on but flat? wondered if you heard some significant change there with it engaged.

Anywho... it's def a keeper and going with my 'good pile' but I reserve the right to make some minor changes! Thank you for sharing.

On scenese 3/4/5 there were not. I have since updated the patch... included that here. thanks again!

Attachments

• 271_Paulys Raw bass.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
I just had a quick run through the scenes and I am happy, that I found this patch. I had to take out some bass, because with my fretless the floor started to vibrate a little bit too much. I will for sure spend a little bit more time on these presets, so thank you for this inspiring patch.

I'm a little bit irritated because you called scene 1, 4 and 8 "Mesa", but you didn't use the Mesa at all. In scene 8 it is implemented as 2nd amp, but it's bypassed. Is that by purpose?

Back
Top Bottom