Bass Amps You'd Like To See Added

To do the SWR right though an Aural Enhancer effect would need to be added to the Axe, which I personally think would be a great addition as well. Sure it could be done without it, but it'd be missing a little something not having that to go with it.

And just a reminder to everyone to not get too excited. Just because they finally acknowledged the bass players using the Axe doesn't mean more bass amps, effects or anything will be added for us. Cliff never really says what's coming up, so assuming he's working on anything for us is pure speculation until the new update(s) are released. It'd be awesome sure and it's great to give him ideas, but don't get too hyped about stuff until we see what actually materializes.

DLM said:
To do the SWR right though an Aural Enhancer effect would need to be added to the Axe, which I personally think would be a great addition as well. Sure it could be done without it, but it'd be missing a little something not having that to go with it.

And just a reminder to everyone to not get too excited. Just because they finally acknowledged the bass players using the Axe doesn't mean more bass amps, effects or anything will be added for us. Cliff never really says what's coming up, so assuming he's working on anything for us is pure speculation until the new update(s) are released. It'd be awesome sure and it's great to give him ideas, but don't get too hyped about stuff until we see what actually materializes.

Agreed. I don't ever get too hyped up on new amps or anything. I always wish, but never get too hyped up. Having the SVT on there already is super awesome, and i use some of the guitar amps for bass as well.

I do wish for the SM-900 though :D

For the bass cab I'd like to see the Mesa Powerhouse 1000.

For bass amps (some might have said these... didn't have time to read entire thread.)

Ampeg SVT-4PRO
Tech 21 Bass Driver (Not an amp, but an AWESOME little bass box)
Tech 21 PSA-1 (also not a bass amp, but I used to use one in my studio for some sweet bass dirt.)

shotgunn

I'm no bass tone guru but I've had the pleasure of standing in front of Jon Stockman's Ashdown ABM500 live at a few shows and that is some sick tone.

SUNN 2000S with the massive Dynaco iron and KT88 would be a nice add.

Also, there was a thread that seems to have evaporated during the transition that was
discussing the desirability of having the old school SVT Baxendall tonestack available.

I'd love to have that one too.

It'd be minimally processor intensive but you could approach the old SVT/V4 EQ section by using some filter blocks with a feedback loop around them, I'd think.

Second the OP's recommendation for a canned B15 sim. I'm sure I could wrangle the sound out of the AxeFx with some creative patch designing, but of course it would be nice to be able to just drop in an amp and cab sim (the ubiqitous Thiele ported 1x15") and be done with it. It is, arguably, the most quintessential recorded bass amp in history, right?

It'd be great to have an Ampeg B15N, a GK RB400, and a Thunderfunk, with more IR's for bass. Currently I'm diggin' the tube preamp for direct recording.

Last edited:
Galien Kruger RB800
Fender BXR400

I figured I'd start a thread each for amps, cabs, and effects you'd like added. While a bunch of bass heads isn't as necessary as guitar heads as most bassists don't rely on the variety of different gainy/overdriven tones guitar heads give, I think the inherent clean tone differences between some heads is enough to warrant a few more,

I was thinking perhaps a Trace Elliot V8, Ampeg B15 Portaflex, and maybe an Aguilar DB750 (although this is technically a hybrid amp).

Sunn Coliseum
Vox Royal Guardsman or Super Beatle
Hartke 1415 with Aluminum 15" IR
Acoustic 360
Marshall MB450H-both channels
Gibson Thor

Second the OP's recommendation for a canned B15 sim. I'm sure I could wrangle the sound out of the AxeFx with some creative patch designing, but of course it would be nice to be able to just drop in an amp and cab sim (the ubiqitous Thiele ported 1x15") and be done with it. It is, arguably, the most quintessential recorded bass amp in history, right?

Guys, I have a 1963 Ampeg B-15N. She's a beauty. I'm not sure if Fractal would be interested, but I'd happily loan it to them in order to get modeled. And yes, the most recorded bass amp in history, for good reason!

Wow, this thread is 6.5 years old! And we're still waiting and hoping for more bass amps and cabs.

I would love a GK someday, it's a very distinctive bass sound that can be hard to get with current models.

Back
Top Bottom