Bass Amps You'd Like To See Added

I already bought some separate pedals ....
but would be happy to sell them as soon as the Axe Fx includes more bass specific effects! :)

Happy new year!

Adding to my list here...
Some Trace Elliot gear would be amazing. If we could get the magical GP12 or GP7 pres, that'd be so awesome. Or, a full on AH600SMX or AH1200SM amp. :drool:

Hey @FractalAudio - if I bought one of the above and sent it your way, would you be willing to model it? (assuming you have any kind of time for that)

I would love to get some Trace Elliot (perhaps the tube V8) in this great box! And while we're at it: Gallien Krueger 2001RB, MarkBass MiniMark and Aguilar DB680!
Would the schematics of the Trace Elliot help?
Stomp boxes: Boss OC-2 and DOD FX25 I love these!

Last edited:
I would love to get some Trace Elliot (perhaps the tube V8) in this great box! And while we're at it: Gallien Krueger 2001RB, MarkBass MiniMark and Aguilar DB680!
Would the schematics of the Trace Elliot help?
Stomp boxes: Boss OC-2 and DOD FX25 I love these!
For the OC-2 use the Pitch block set to Octave Div. As far as I can remember of my old OC-2, it sounds pretty close.

I'm still in love with my Thunderfunk!
I'm really wanting to get the AX8, but I don't think I could live with parting with the TF- especially hearing how few options are available for us bass players

I'm still in love with my Thunderfunk!
I'm really wanting to get the AX8, but I don't think I could live with parting with the TF- especially hearing how few options are available for us bass players
Welcome Ryan! Which TF do you have, and how do you normally run it? I used one a bit in the past and man, those things were chameleons. Off the top of my head, I know you can cover a fairly good sampling of the TF I had (a TFB-420).

Welcome Ryan! Which TF do you have, and how do you normally run it? I used one a bit in the past and man, those things were chameleons. Off the top of my head, I know you can cover a fairly good sampling of the TF I had (a TFB-420).

Hey Selta.
Thanks for the welcome. I've been a long time stalker of this forum, and have read quite a bit of your posts and insight!
I have the 550b, and you're right- you can get a lot of different sounds from it. 99% of the time, I don't change it much- I have it set to a really clean, fat round sound with a slight (but not too much growl). (if that makes sense...)
I actually have a guitar buddy here in town that has one of the fractal rack mount versions, and he's the one that's turned me on to fractal.

You can definitely nail that tone - I know exactly what you mean :). It takes a bit to get there and even switching pickups can lose it (i.e. if I switch from bridge to neck, or to b+n). It would be very nice to have any of the TFs in here as amps though!

You can definitely nail that tone - I know exactly what you mean :). It takes a bit to get there and even switching pickups can lose it (i.e. if I switch from bridge to neck, or to b+n). It would be very nice to have any of the TFs in here as amps though!

Thanks Selta.
I don't want to hijack this forum, so PM my if that makes more sense- I'm thinking of bugging my friend some time to try out his Axe- is there a preset or upload that you would recommend me start with for that TF sound, or would it be more of just fiddling around as you go?

Gday,
I gave up too - and bought every decent little bass pedal I could find, then spent a weekend choosing the one to keep. I settled on the bk7 and sold the rest (lost a bundle there :)). I then sold the axe fx I had for bass, and just use the other for guitar now.
It would be nice to use the axe fx for bass one day.
Thanks
Pauly

I gave up on waiting.
:mad:

Thanks Selta.
I don't want to hijack this forum, so PM my if that makes more sense- I'm thinking of bugging my friend some time to try out his Axe- is there a preset or upload that you would recommend me start with for that TF sound, or would it be more of just fiddling around as you go?
No problem. Either PM or a new thread are fine. If your buddy is willing to lend it to you, or at least let you load some presets on it, I can try to help come up with one to test out.

For the OC-2 use the Pitch block set to Octave Div. As far as I can remember of my old OC-2, it sounds pretty close.
For normal use indeed. But that crazy glitchy synth sound from the second octave is just so incredible from the OC-2...

Citrus Bass 200 gets you all the orange you need - it can sound very, very close to the Terror 500.
The 800+ would be nice, as would the ol Titan V12.

I wasn't at all impressed with the new tech21 stuff... there's a lot I'd rather see in there way before that thing.

Back
Top Bottom