Basketweave TV Mix HIGH VS ULTRA Res

sprada

Inspired
I use the High RES TV mix almost exclusively and I'm thinking of buying the new cab Pack 5 for the UR version alone.
However I would like to hear some thoughts about the new Basketweave TV Mix.
Do you like it better that the "old" High Res vs?
Do you hear any difference at all?
Any kind soul out there that is willing to do an A/B comp?

Cheers

The mixes included with fw 15 are definitely different , UR is darker and smoother on top end , I haven't had an opportunity to do my own mixes yet tho, so can't say about that.

Hard to say, i think the UR is not the way to go with all presets though. Some Hi Res can work and mix with a clearer UR alright.

The mixes included with fw 15 are definitely different….
IMO: Why make the UR version of a user-loved cab different? And worse, "definitely different"

I was hoping the new TV URs would have the same sonic mojo as the old TV mix but with all the dynamic juiciness of UR.

IMO: Why make the UR version of a user-loved cab different? And worse, "definitely different"

I was hoping the new TV URs would have the same sonic mojo as the old TV mix but with all the dynamic juiciness of UR.

Well I agree I expected a UR version close to the High res also. Not saying at all the UR is worse or better than High res mix . I did go back to the trusty High res version for last weeks gigs till I have more time to play around with the UR ,( it's what I've been use to) will need to do some tweaking to presets ,and adjust to them, may like them better after some time with them?

I was just making some mixes.
I didn't really use the old TV mix a lot but I digged the sound of it.
I thought now would be a good time to make a good Ultrarez mix from the new cab pack.
Every sound that sounded great was recorded.
Listen to it here: (sorry for the sloppy playing...)

These are the impulses/mixes that are in the clip:

The first sound is the old TV cab mix
KM184 Cap-Edge B at 0.00 combined with 57 Off-Axis B at -11.43
KM184 Cap-Edge B at 0.00 combined with M160 Cap at -3.58
M160 Cap-Edge B at 0.00 combined with 57 Capedge at -9.26
M160 Off-Axis B alone (nice growl)
M160 off-Axis B at 0.00 combined with 57 CapEdge at -8.38
m160 off-Axis B at 0.00 combined with Room R at -10.92

The final mix that ended up in my Axe FX:
M160 Off-Axis B at 0.00 with 57CapEdge at -8.81 and the Room Ir at -13.05

I used my black Fender Jim Root tele (maple neck) paired with a Marshall JVM amp.
It sounds great!
I actually think it sounds better than the original mix version...

Last edited:
I have had a question about this actually. The beloved one is a MIX but is the UR one a mix too? Are the ones in the new pack a mix or are they all individual mics for us to mix using cab lab. I have been under the impression that the UR version we received with 15 is not a "mix"

I assumed the two in FW15 were mixes since they are named Mix 1 and 2. The TV cab in the new cab pack are not mixed but offer a nice selection of mic IR's.

Last edited:
I like the good ol' high res #103 best.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've looked around and I can't find the simple answer. Where is this IR that many people seem to like? Is it a factory one, and if so, in what firmware version(s) is it available? Is it from one of the cab packs (I'm thinking it may have been from cab pack 1)? If so, can that cab pack still be used in FW15? Thanks in advance... I'm going to be taking the FRFR plunge soon and I'd like to check out this IR.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've looked around and I can't find the simple answer. Where is this IR that many people seem to like? Is it a factory one, and if so, in what firmware version(s) is it available? Is it from one of the cab packs (I'm thinking it may have been from cab pack 1)? If so, can that cab pack still be used in FW15? Thanks in advance... I'm going to be taking the FRFR plunge soon and I'd like to check out this IR.

It's Factory Cab IR #103 "4x12 Basketweave TV Mix". It was added a few firmware versions ago (not sure which one exactly).

I bought the cab pack 5, mainly because I loved the factory 103 cab like everyone else.
I have not found the same tone yet...yet.
I still like ole 103 better. Nothing wrong with that....but still haven't found the mojo in UR yet.

Going to try some of the mixes above though....

Back
Top Bottom