Basic Settings When Using FRFR

Try turning up Presence and/or High Treble I think it's called. You also have different graphic EQs available in the amp block.

Short version: Try to fix what you don't like! There are a ton of tone controls in there!

Most factory presets work with Strats or Ibanez RG.
In comparison a full mahogany PRS sounds fatter and darker, has less attack but more sustain.

So to iron out the differences you could put an EQ block right after the input block and take away some lows like lowshelf at 80 hz -6db, peaking at 160 hz -3 db and then vary with freq and Q to get the best results.
To add some high attacks with dynamics you can also use peaking2 and boost around 3khz +5db and with Q around 0.5 and try what fits that guitar.

And use your ears not the eyes, EQ bands before the amp block can need some very high gain settings, it's way different from EQ bands after the amp.

Once you have that block right you can simply enter it into every preset.

It was mentioned earlier, but I assume you calibrated your instrument input to tickle the red on the input meter?

That's a biggie

I’d say pick an amp model and really focus on trying to nail down some settings for that one alone. in my experience, jumping around too much between models can play tricks on your ears. If you’re using the Friedman amps for high gain, be aware that these are low end heavy amp models. From the Wiki:

"The design is weird as the negative feedback is taken off the speaker jack. So if you use a 16-ohm speaker you get more feedback (and much more bass) than if you use an 8-ohm speaker. The model is based on using the matching cab. It's too much bass for me so I turn down the Depth and reduce Negative Feedback a bit."

The Wiki is a goldmine. Lot’s of info in there about taming low end.

Back
Top Bottom