Basic questions.... help please?

AJ 83

Ok, so i have a couple of basic questions. And I apologize ahead of time. I’m sure these are very basic questions but I have never owned an axe fx before and I am unable to find the answers in the operators manual. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I want to copy a tone. It’s currently located in preset “402”, “ scene 1”and I just want to copy it to the same preset (402) but save it in scene 2 so that I can play around with the sound while leaving scene 1 the way it is.
I’m sure this is fairly easy but I’m an idiot. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time.

In Axe-Edit, click the “Scenes” button near the top middle and choose “Copy current scene to x”.

On hardware, go to the Layout, Page Right to tools, spin the Value wheel till you see Scene Copy and use A-E knobs to choose the details and execute.

Just to add to @chris 's note, unless you change the channel on the blocks that you're editing in Scene 2, the changes you make will end up being applied to Scene 1 as well.

At a basic level, changing scenes can only do two things:
  • Bypass blocks
  • Change the channel on blocks
There are more advanced things like scene controllers etc - but I think you need to get your head around how scenes change the above two things first - you can do pretty much everything you want with those two features.

Last edited:
Ok. So if I want to take scene 1 and just change some of the delay settings and chorus settings what’s the best way to do that? Ideally I would like to keep it within the same preset but if I have to move it to another preset I wil. Suggestions

Thank you. That worked. The only weird thing is that I can’t name scene 2 now. The name is blank and I can’t find a way to enter a new name. What am I doing wrong this time?

I think you figured it out. But essentially, you copy Scene 1 to Scene 2. Then, for any blocks that you want to edit (delay, chorus, whatever), you will need to change the channel of that block (presumable from Channel A to B, C or D). If you edit channel A in Scene 2, you will also be changing Channel A in Scene 1. So get an unused channel to make edits when you wan to keep the original sound in tact.

As for the Scene name change, in AxeEdit, just click in the space where the name goes, type the name you want, press enter, then click save. On the Axe II, select the Scene you want with the Nav arrows, press Store, use the Value wheel to name your scene, then press Save. (The Axe Edit method is easier).

... and of course, welcome to a brave new world of guitar tone!

Ok. So if I want to take scene 1 and just change some of the delay settings and chorus settings what’s the best way to do that? Ideally I would like to keep it within the same preset but if I have to move it to another preset I wil. Suggestions
Until you get comfortable, I suggest saving the preset to an empty slot.

Take some time to read the manual carefully in regards to Scenes. They tend to confuse people. The important thing to understand is that scenes only control which blocks are on or off and what channel is active.

If you change settings in a block, that change is reflected in ALL scenes. So, as mentioned, you can copy one channel to another and then make changes to that channel.

You have some reading and learning the unit to do. It does you no good to learn what Axe Edit can do when you don't know what the unit by itself can do. Work on the front panel for a bit, and when you have more understanding, Axe Edit is a breeze.

If you're on stage, and have to make a change...that front panel is your friend.

Thank you. That worked. The only weird thing is that I can’t name scene 2 now. The name is blank and I can’t find a way to enter a new name. What am I doing wrong this time?
Why can’t you name it? What are you doing to try and name it?

Back
Top Bottom