Basic programming question

tcarnes68

Inspired
Can someone help me out? I’m new to the axe fx 3 and fc-12. I want to set up the switches like this..... I could do this on my helix and got used to it but not real sure how on this. I’d like the top row of switches(2-5) to be able to be presets 1-4 per bank with bank up and down on the the leftmost upper and lower switches (switch 1 on each row) then the 1-4. Then the lower switches (2-5) being scenes 1-4 in the selected preset. I’d like to save this as a layout 1 or call it “ Main”
Then I want the last switch on the bottom to be tap tempo and tuner( I know how to do that) then thelast switch on the top (6) I’d like to have that switch go to “Effects”
I’m pretty sure how to do most of it but the last button to switch toe effects. I know how to do that and would be happy like that but I also want the same switch to, once in effects mode, maybe also next go to like amps or other layouts that are available and the resolve back to the layout just made above called “Main” . I want it to continuously bank up or down through the presets. That being said once you change from presets to effects and I have the 2 bank switches change to bank the scenes or effects or whatever the screen I’m in? Make sense? Another question...... is there other “different” layouts out there for download from other users that people may like and use like patches?
Last question. How do I hook an external pedal up and assign a volume or wah block and which selections would I choose as source to control it? I hooked a pedal to “1” on the fc-12 and assigned the vol and or wah block to be controlled by fc 1 and it didn’t work. I tried other settings too. What might I be doing wrong?

You asked a lot of questions, and I only have time to answer one of them.

...I also want the same switch to, once in effects mode, maybe also next go to like amps or other layouts that are available and the resolve back to the layout just made above called “Main”
Open the FC manual and search for "MLM switch combo". From there, you're just one stomp away from any layout you want.

If you want a specific switch to take you to a specific layout, set it up like this:

1609232017818.png

Load the factory default layouts for the FC-12. The two factory Perform layouts (7 and 8 I think) are already setup exactly like you are describing.

If your expression pedal is plugged into the FC's Pedal 1 jack, then you would select FC 1 Pedal 1 as the source for your modifiers to use it. Make sure you also calibrate the pedal in the FC Controllers > Remote menu. Set Pedal 1 Type to Continuous and then calibrate its range there.

Last edited:
Load the factory default layouts for the FC-12. The two factory Perform layouts (7 and 8 I think) are already setup exactly like you are describing.

If your expression pedal is plugged into the FC's Pedal 1 jack, then you would select FC 1 Pedal 1 as the source for your modifiers to use it. Make sure you also calibrate the pedal in the FC Controllers > Remote menu. Set Pedal 1 Type to Continuous and then calibrate its range there.
Yes they are close but not in the sense that one layout is presets and the other layout is scenes, each of those using the remaining 8 switches as I talked about. I want to split those up and show the bottom row of 4 scenes and the upper 4 presets. Then I would like the quick switch function to toggle the effects for the selected preset if needed. I think I have an idea how to do it. I just have to have the time to get to the pedal.😉
Also I think I figured out that I need to use TRS cable on the wah and not TS

No, the layouts PERFORM 1 and PERFORM 2 are pretty much exactly as you describe. Perform 1 has 4 preset switches on top, 4 scene switches on the bottom, bank up and down on the right, and tuner/tempo on the left. The last button (labeled <EFFECTS>) goes directly to Perform 2 which is all effects switches except for a button leading back to Perform 1 (labeled <MAIN>).

A thing to keep in mind is that the 'factory layouts' are largely generic and containsome examples of how to do things, but they are not holy relics. You can edit them and make them your own. Salvation is just a layout import away if you first save each factory layout individually.... :)

Back
Top Bottom